Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This is where insults come to die

Status
Not open for further replies.

gimmie11s

Reaction score
Yes, really. I learned my Navijunk lesson prior to the 6 Oh-No with two 6.9 pieces of Intrashnational. I knew folks who lost their arses, and jeopardized their businesses after multiple engine failures. They didn't buy their Ferds as a do-it-yourself truck building kit. The 6.0 is a half-step above the GM 350 converto-diesel hand grenade.

So much stupid in this post its hard to know where to begin..

Hello to all, I have been patiently reading all related posts relating to this issue and it appears their seems to be a common issue and concern, That is fuel quality and filtration. Many people can not be sure what the quality of fuel they are pumping into their tanks at the pump. We all place a great deal of trust into these fuel stations and believe we are actually getting what is posted at the pump. How many times have you been at the fuel station and witnessed the tanker truck delivering fuel in a rain storm or a snow storm. Their is always a possibility that the fuel could get contaminated. I have read that diesel fuel in other parts of the world have higher cetane and sulfur ratings than in the US. Sulfur in the fuel acts as a lubricant, which is what the CP4 needs to keep it from shaving apart in little metal pieces that gets pumped all thru your fuel system. I have read that the CP4 is popular in other parts of the world and they are not experiencing issues as widespread like here in the US, My point is this. The high tolerances in the CP4 unit and the lack of higher lubrication properties in our fuel add up the the nightmare that several people are experiencing. I have always added some sort of fuel conditioner in my 2019 Ram and I will be adding an additional fuel filter device in the very near future to assist and possibly prevent a total failure and not to be stranded on the side of the road with my family on a dark roadway in the middle of nowhere. Ram has a problem they need to address with its loyal customers and make good on some type of solution. In the mean time we have to do whatever we can to keep our trucks safe and reliable if and until a positive plan is made to correct the situation. Stay safe and enjoy your ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The failure is due to the design, not quality of fuel. Im sure adding lubricity via PowerService or another quality additive may prolong the life of a cp4, but the issue is the rotating "lifter" buckets that have no provision to make them stay in place. Once they spin in their bore, the roller bearing cannot "roll" with the cam lob and the damage begins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread