Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Things you wouldn't be caught dead driving

Farmtruck

Reaction score
A star is a hell of a lot better than a frieghtshaker or volvo!

I will give you that. I have logged more miles than I care in a Volvo and a cascadia.
BUT a star is simply ugly to me. Their “hood” trucks with the smashed looking bunk don’t even compare to a Pete or KDub

davis2

Reaction score
I will give you that. I have logged more miles than I care in a Volvo and a cascadia.
BUT a star is simply ugly to me. Their “hood” trucks with the smashed looking bunk don’t even compare to a Pete or KDub
Talk about ugly... Mack U model! I still loved that truck.

jsalbre

Reaction score
Because now you can buy a V-6 Mustang with 360 hp. Formula One cars have 4 cylinders. Displacement is a dated way to produce power.
They haven’t had a V6 Mustang since 2017. They’re I4 turbos now, or V8s of course.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Because now you can buy a V-6 Mustang with 360 hp. Formula One cars have 4 cylinders. Displacement is a dated way to produce power.
Yea small engines with forced induction but add forced induction to a V8 and the little engine does not stand a chance…. As always there is no replacement for displacement.

sanda

Reaction score
Driving V6 version of a sports car that comes as a V8. Such as a V6 mustang. Why do they even make them? They taint the blood.
I am offended by your remarks about my V6 Mustang but it does look good. My wife drives a mini-van and it works well carrying 7 passengers and luggage. Try that with most vehicles. ( I'm really not a snowflake)

17Ramguy78

Reaction score
I am offended by your remarks about my V6 Mustang but it does look good. My wife drives a mini-van and it works well carrying 7 passengers and luggage. Try that with most vehicles. ( I'm really not a snowflake)
Please don't judge me but an old school station wagon called Roadmaster with a big thirsty V-8 can haul 8 persons or a some plywood...man I love old school

Dave01

Reaction score
I would rather walk wearing a chicken suit in the middle of July carrying a chihuahua than to drive this hideous monstrosity!!!
Is that a Hornet?

Some of those incredibly ugly '70's cars (Gremlin for example) have grown on me over the 50 years since they were new and ugly. Now they are old and ugly, but in kind a cool way. And, you could get the little beasts with V8's.

Dave01

Reaction score
Please don't judge me but an old school station wagon called Roadmaster with a big thirsty V-8 can haul 8 persons or a some plywood...man I love old school
My mom had a Buick Estate Wagon with a 455, not sure of the year, maybe 1976. HUGE. POWERFUL. Had that odd rear window/gate that the window rolled up into the roof and the gate down into the chassis. Quite the ride.

unclelala

Reaction score
My mom had a Buick Estate Wagon with a 455, not sure of the year, maybe 1976. HUGE. POWERFUL. Had that odd rear window/gate that the window rolled up into the roof and the gate down into the chassis. Quite the ride.
I had a 1973 Estate Wagon, around 1978 or so I was at a party and got stuck driving 13 drunks home, it was like those pictures you see when as many people stuff into a telephone booth as possible. But that Estate Wagon did it NO problem.

17Ramguy78

Reaction score
Is that a Hornet?

Some of those incredibly ugly '70's cars (Gremlin for example) have grown on me over the 50 years since they were new and ugly. Now they are old and ugly, but in kind a cool way. And, you could get the little beasts with V8's.
No it's a ugly pinto.

Blythkd1

Reaction score
I wouldn't want to drive one.....again. Got my first job at 15 and didn't have any wheels to get to work.
The boss had one of these sitting aorund in '85, so I got to drive it. Little different shade of blue though,
more like sky blue. But it had a 390 in it that would burn tires for a city block:)

775212eb641be770578a9975efe50f09.png

Users who are viewing this thread