Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The scoop on how to deactivate the 3-month trial of SiriusXM Connect before it even begins...

JimKIII

Reaction score
I don't want the free 3-month trial of SirusXM to be active when I receive my new truck, much less have to cancel it after the trial is over. I found out that if one doesn't create a SiriusXM account, which we're hounded to do when SiriusXM gets wind that there is a new truck contract signed, then the 3-month free trial does NOT get activated. Here is how I found that out:

I found a phone number at this web site under 'To cancel, you may call SiriusXM Guardian Customer Care toll-free at 1-844-796-4827 at any time."
https://www.driveuconnect.com/sirius-xm-guardian/terms.html

After calling the number, I was transferred to another line since this concerns a 2022 vehicle. That person told me that even though she can see my truck/VIN in their system, unless I actually sign up for and create a SiriusXM account the 3-month trial won't even be activated on the truck - and therefore nothing can be deactivated. She said, "without creating an account you will have a normal truck with no 30-day trial being activated."

So there's the solution for folks like me who don't even want the 3-month trial fired up on a new truck. Hope this helps others! ...and hope it is the truth. I'll find out when I take possession of the truck.

dynocompe

Reaction score
sirius xm guardian and sirius xm music are not the same. SIrius xm music comes with a 6 month trial, sirius xm guardian comes with a 3 month trial. The guardian doesnt automatically start charging you after your 3 month trial like sirius xm music does. So there is no worries in taking your 3 month trial of sirius xm guardian. Many people confuse the two. There is nothing to cancel after the 3 month trial.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread