Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Banks differential cover may be available for 2019+ Ram trucks "late this year."

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
Marketing was explained to me many years ago this way: “ the art of convincing some one to buy a product that they don’t need but got to have by the time we get to the end of the pitch.“ Banks is a master salesman.

UglyViking

Reaction score
Marketing was explained to me many years ago this way: “ the art of convincing some one to buy a product that they don’t need but got to have by the time we get to the end of the pitch.“ Banks is a master salesman.

I mean that is the standard in selling. You first describe the problem, let people know the scope and scale of the issue, then you present the solution.

That said, I don't see data disproving his arguments, which leads me to think they hold some amount of water.

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
I mean that is the standard in selling. You first describe the problem, let people know the scope and scale of the issue, then you present the solution.

That said, I don't see data disproving his arguments, which leads me to think they hold some amount of water.
Not disagreeing, just pointing out that the gains/positives of many products are slim with no practical value to the average user.

UglyViking

Reaction score
Not disagreeing, just pointing out that the gains/positives of many products are slim with no practical value to the average user.

Totally agree there. I think a lot of us like to upgrade because we can more than we should. End of the day I'd argue that a vast majority of us have parts that are well over the needs that we have, some do it for peace of mind, some for status, others "just because". I've personally never really struggled with the stock diff cover, but I can see how it's a bit of extra bling for most guys, especially the dudes who lift 5+ inches where you really start to notice.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I towed heavy (over the GCWR) for 16 years with my 3rd gen and that 11.5" 4.10 gear set looked as good as new both times I had the stock diff cover off and replaced fluids (30K & 60K).

I do see some merit in the fluid dynamics of using a cover that contours the ring gear and keeps the diff fluid from foaming, but lots of folks have been running flat back covers for a lot of miles with no reported ill affects.

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
I towed heavy (over the GCWR) for 16 years with my 3rd gen and that 11.5" 4.10 gear set looked as good as new both times I had the stock diff cover off and replaced fluids (30K & 60K).

I do see some merit in the fluid dynamics of using a cover that contours the ring gear and keeps the diff fluid from foaming, but lots of folks have been running flat back covers for a lot of miles with no reported ill affects.
My 2nd gen hasn’t complained either. As we all know, fluid changes and quality fluids are key.

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
As with all things lately........2 more weeks. LOL!

Buppies

Reaction score
I hope sooner than later just had mag tech transmission pan put on while doing recall

Users who are viewing this thread