Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Text Messages

davis2

Reaction score
When I first paired my phone to my 2018 Ram 2500, I could receive and make calls, and would receive notifications on text messages. I still get texts, but no notifications through the uconnect. Calls are still coming through. I don't know why, anyone else have this problem? How did you fix it?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
When I first paired my phone to my 2018 Ram 2500, I could receive and make calls, and would receive notifications on text messages. I still get texts, but no notifications through the uconnect. Calls are still coming through. I don't know why, anyone else have this problem? How did you fix it?
Check the settings on your phone i had that issue turns out my phone updated and tuned the setting off

davis2

Reaction score
All settings are set to on... I may unpair and re-pair. I like to at least know when I get a text while driving, my kids text me a lot, and usually while I'm driving.

davis2

Reaction score
I figured that would be the solution, but wanted to see what everyone else had done. I have learned a lot here.

GBB

Reaction score
Just got rear ended by someone texting and driving...my phone stays in console when I’m driving..I don’t answer it, the caller can wait for a call back. It amazes me the number of people you see at a red light on their phones.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Just got rear ended by someone texting and driving...my phone stays in console when I’m driving..I don’t answer it, the caller can wait for a call back. It amazes me the number of people you see at a red light on their phones.
If you are using hands free its fine.... i can call and text using siri nothing wrong with doing that..... i see tons of people who are all over the road while texting and driving

GBB

Reaction score
Not sold on Siri..your mind is focused on conversation and not on driving..course I can’t walk and chew gum at the same time

GBB

Reaction score
Ha! I’ve plowed a lot of snow but not with manual..bet that’s a PIA.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I find myself using the horn way more than I ever did. People sitting at lights messing with their phones and not driving.

Some of that may be coming from a decrease in patience due to age.

davis2

Reaction score
I don't text and drive anymore, but people refuse to call, and just text. I only want to know who is texting, and that can be done hands free.

Users who are viewing this thread