Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Terrible towing experience w/ '24 2500 w/ factory air suspension

gimmie11s

Reaction score
I have a 22 crewcab laramie, shortbed, cummins 4x4, 3.73 gears, and factory air rear suspension. I tow a 35ft 5th wheel, towed it through the Blue ridge parkway. After hitched up, the truck did an auto level and the truck was back at stock height. The truck towed amazing. Yes, everyone talks about the power, but I could not believe how stable it was. I never drove faster than 65 mph. But I could tow with one hand on the wheel and totally relaxed in my seat. I never felt that way before. Passing trucks had no affect on my truck or trailer. Believe me, they were going faster than 65 mph. I used to tow horse trailers out west through the mountains of Idaho and I used 3/4 ton and one ton trucks with GM 454 and dodge big blocks with 4.10 gears. Those trips required 1000 percent of my attention. Granted, that was in the 80s and early 90s. So technology has improved a little. Good luck with your set up.

The beauty of towing a 5'er vs. bumper pull.

Users who are viewing this thread