Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tapatalk mobile app broken again?

whitexc

Reaction score
Yeah I have to keep logging back in. Something is going on.

Sent from me

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
It's been previously posted that many sites are dumping tapa due to their strongarm licensing fees money grab and this may have been the deathknell.

Don't expect anything to be done about it. Use the mobile web site.

@Admin

mountainears

Reaction score
That’s a real bummer. I thought after they fixed it last time we were good. The mobile app actually worked really well for keeping up with things, way better interface than the mobile web app. Way more ads on the web app too, may make it difficult for me at least to keep engaged.

Florotory

Reaction score
@Brutal_HO is there a way to keep the site from having the Tapatalk app or browser option from popping up every time if Tapatalk is no longer available for the forum? Not the end of the world but just annoying. Thank you

mountainears

Reaction score
Yea, everytime I see this I feel obligated to try it thinking maybe they actually fixed the app :). But if they truly are abandoning tapatalk that should never pop up.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
@Brutal_HO is there a way to keep the site from having the Tapatalk app or browser option from popping up every time if Tapatalk is no longer available for the forum? Not the end of the world but just annoying. Thank you

I agree.

@Admin, can we get this turned off? I think it's doing the same on 5thgenrams as well.

whitexc

Reaction score
I fight through the Tapatalk crap. It makes me log back in every time I browse. Annoying but still works. Do the rest of you use safari or…?

Sent from me

mountainears

Reaction score
One of the things I liked about the app was being able to easily read through all new posts/responses across all the forums. I figured out how to do that in my iOS safari browser by just bookmarking the latest posts. So now I just pull up that bookmark and scan through, then hit the button at the top to mark them all read. Not missing tapatalk much now.

Enve46

Reaction score
I wouldn’t use safari, chrome works much better honestly. Tapatalk was a good app but literally any forum worth its weight has left it making it utterly useless. As far as ads go, I see very little if any so not sure what you’re seeing?

flan

Reaction score
I run safari with adblock plus. I don’t see any ads, but the forum is “jumpy” with this combo. Example is if I hit new posts, scroll halfway down the new posts page and read a thread, then hit the back button it brings me back to the top of the new post page instead of halfway down where I left off. Slight annoyance I’m not sure if it’s safari or the combo of the 2. 1st world problems, I know..

Users who are viewing this thread