Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SXM no sound after phone call

GoalDigger

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone else has had this problem.
While listening to SXM if I receive or make a phone call, after the call is over I have no sound from SXM. I have to hit the mute button to mute the radio, then hit mute button again to get sound. When I switch stations I have to go through the whole process again. Sometimes turning radio off then back on will fix it, sometimes it doesn't. After turning truck off then back on it works fine .......until next phone call. I have had truck in to the dealer twice with no resolution.
2022 3500 Laramie with 12" screen.

mhraxo

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone else has had this problem.
While listening to SXM if I receive or make a phone call, after the call is over I have no sound from SXM. I have to hit the mute button to mute the radio, then hit mute button again to get sound. When I switch stations I have to go through the whole process again. Sometimes turning radio off then back on will fix it, sometimes it doesn't. After turning truck off then back on it works fine .......until next phone call. I have had truck in to the dealer twice with no resolution.
2022 3500 Laramie with 12" screen.
I've found that after a call if i hit the Media button at the bottom and then hit the SXM button on the display it will play again

N900WM

Reaction score
I find this very frustrating! Mine also goes to a different screen when a text is sent. So if you had the map up and then you use Siri...your blind. You would think Ram would realize the liability here when we must take our eyes off the road to fumble around finding buttons.

TexasGuy

Reaction score
Check the radio fuse; mine was loose; causing a similar condition. It’s under the pcm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GoalDigger

Reaction score
evidently Ram is working on a software update to fix this issue............

Users who are viewing this thread