Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Switch Column Shifter

deanfx

Reaction score
Nice, got mine too, went to install and the bolt was stripped, looks like it was overtorqued at the factory so gonna have to fix that when I get an oil change next week. The stock handle is so cheap comparatively
That sucks. I did notice that the threads seem to be aluminum or cast. Maybe it’ll be an easy fix.

CVDaddy

Reaction score
Tip: If the D shaped insert comes out with your old shifter, make sure the chamfered end goes in first. The bolt won't line up if you don't notice and put the other end in first. Ask me how I know...

ZFORCE

Reaction score
Those look beautiful! Do you have a part number? Also I have been wondering if the chrome cap is an easy swap or do you have to order the entire lever to get it? It looks like I could pull mine off but I don’t want to try and possibly damage mine.

deanfx

Reaction score
Those look beautiful! Do you have a part number? Also I have been wondering if the chrome cap is an easy swap or do you have to order the entire lever to get it? It looks like I could pull mine off but I don’t want to try and possibly damage mine.
Part number is in this thread. The end cap does not come off, even thought it looks as if it may.

ZFORCE

Reaction score
Thanks, I was referring to the part number for the little chrome cap. Bummer that it isn't available separately, I was just going to replace the cap and stitch the Lever up myself.

Jessemiller9

Reaction score
Appreciate that, that's the one I ordered this morning. Should be here in a couple days. It was $97 plus some tax.
Hey! Just went to go order mine and the price is now $427 plus tax! Now I’m not sure if it’s worth it haha.

Attachments

• 7A8BAC02-36BC-4D3B-924F-AFBC289B2282.png
    7A8BAC02-36BC-4D3B-924F-AFBC289B2282.png
    303.1 KB · Views: 17
Reaction score

ZFORCE

Reaction score
^ is that the leather wrapped unit?
To simplify the answer that you seek 6PB752X7AC, according to post #7, is the leather wrapped shift lever in black. Referring you back to post 7 is like slapping you into conformity! Sheesh guys lighten up.

deanfx

Reaction score
lol yall are pretty dang funny. But yeah, I'd pay 400, I mean hell I bought a Diesel ;)

Users who are viewing this thread