Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swapping TPMS sensors

smokedbystang

Reaction score
I bought a new/used set of 20" night edition wheels/tires that do not have the factory TPMS sensors. I just want to confirm the factory TPMS sensors from my original 18" chrome wheels will work in the 20" wheels when swapped over. Discount tire asked what size wheels and trim level I had when I called them to purchase/install new sensors. I assume they are all the same and I can just transfer them over. May buy some sensors from Ebay to put back in the original 18s.

Bigred6.7

Reaction score
Just bought a set of preprogrammed MoreSensors from Amazon. Installed them on a second set of wheels, truck picked them up no problem after driving for 5-10 mins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
Just bought a set of preprogrammed MoreSensors from Amazon. Installed them on a second set of wheels, truck picked them up no problem after driving for 5-10 mins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Which P/N worked for you?

smokedbystang

Reaction score
I ordered these from ebay to put back in the 18s. Hope they work.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201202-111844.png
    Screenshot_20201202-111844.png
    748 KB · Views: 27

coastie

Reaction score
I purchased my 2019 Ram DRW used, and the front tires were not reading pressure and were throwing a warning message when I purchased it. After searching the MOPAR sites for new OEM sensors I couldn't find any in stock. It seems like there is a supply issue with these for the HD duallys. After hearing that he Moresensors on Amazon were plug and play I ordered a pair.

Moresensor:

MORESENSOR Compact PRO Series 433MHz TPMS Tire Pressure Sensor | Preprogrammed for Select 40+ American Brand Models 68249197AA | Aluminum Valve Stem | KX-S149​

I purchased two of these on amazon. There was no option to order the stainless steel valve stems, but indicates that the part number above should work. After breaking the bead the first time I discovered that there were not sensors on the front wheels and only valve stems. These valve stems had no internal thread to receive a sensor so I also order two Standard valve stems, part no. TPM2025VK, from Partsgeek.com and attached the Moresensor to the valve stems. The screws that came with the Standard valve stems worked with the Moresensor. I did have to apply a little pressure to get the Standard stem to fit the opening of the Moresensor, but it all worked out. I have access to a tire mounting and balancing machine, installed them today and the truck picked up the new sensors and started reading pressure after 2 miles of driving. No programming or other special tools required. Happy to have these working.
IMG_4807D.jpeg
Standard valve stems: https://www.partsgeek.com/ss/?i=1&ssq=TPM2025VK&x=0&y=0
MORESENSOR: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VJ272PC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Cummingeddon

Reaction score
I purchased my 2019 Ram DRW used, and the front tires were not reading pressure and were throwing a warning message when I purchased it. After searching the MOPAR sites for new OEM sensors I couldn't find any in stock. It seems like there is a supply issue with these for the HD duallys. After hearing that he Moresensors on Amazon were plug and play I ordered a pair.

Moresensor:

MORESENSOR Compact PRO Series 433MHz TPMS Tire Pressure Sensor | Preprogrammed for Select 40+ American Brand Models 68249197AA | Aluminum Valve Stem | KX-S149​

I purchased two of these on amazon. There was no option to order the stainless steel valve stems, but indicates that the part number above should work. After breaking the bead the first time I discovered that there were not sensors on the front wheels and only valve stems. These valve stems had no internal thread to receive a sensor so I also order two Standard valve stems, part no. TPM2025VK, from Partsgeek.com and attached the Moresensor to the valve stems. The screws that came with the Standard valve stems worked with the Moresensor. I did have to apply a little pressure to get the Standard stem to fit the opening of the Moresensor, but it all worked out. I have access to a tire mounting and balancing machine, installed them today and the truck picked up the new sensors and started reading pressure after 2 miles of driving. No programming or other special tools required. Happy to have these working.
View attachment 12233
Standard valve stems: https://www.partsgeek.com/ss/?i=1&ssq=TPM2025VK&x=0&y=0
MORESENSOR: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VJ272PC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Coastie ( or anyone else that's used these MoreSensors on a 2019 DRW ) : Have they held up well and are you still happy with them over the original sensors? Are you able to change the angle at all on the sensor where it threads into the stem? Thanks.

coastie

Reaction score
They are still working like a champ. Just to be clear, my post above was just for the front two wheels because they came from the factory with out sensors. i have replaced 1 of the 3 rear wheel sensors with the same sensor from my previous post. I was able to attach the metal stem and have had good luck.

Cummingeddon

Reaction score
They are still working like a champ. Just to be clear, my post above was just for the front two wheels because they came from the factory with out sensors. i have replaced 1 of the 3 rear wheel sensors with the same sensor from my previous post. I was able to attach the metal stem and have had good luck.
Thanks Coastie. Good to hear.

Users who are viewing this thread