Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sumo Springs or Air Bags

John Jensen

Reaction score
I changed from the single fill to the dual fill, it made a difference in the side to side movement.
Maybe my other mods make the roll situation a nonissue on my 1500. I have 10 ply 17" tires. a Hellwig rear sway bar with Core end links and Maxxlink front sway bar end links. All serve to stabilize. Just thinking

anderson0172

Reaction score
Yes 2500 but i have one scenario and that’s an 8500 lb TT so only looking to remove squat. I’m sure either setup would work fine. I am on the fence regarding Timber’s simply due to cost...100 more that air lift which also has good reviews.
I tow my travel trailer at 9k lbs with the 2" level and Timber Grove bags and it rides great and does not squat once you figure out your pressure to run. Also adds stability to the truck.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I highly recommend. Not running with a single fill. If you go with airbags. It makes the side to side rocking worse as pushes air from one bag to another. Run two air valves and will be a lot nicer ride
Its 1/4” line its not going to transfer the air fast enough if you have the onboard compressor they are 1 valve most times

406Linetrash

Reaction score
If it works for you great. Just throwing out what my experience was.

If you put a 2000 lb excavator bucket in the back. Hit a bump or come out of a corner with single fill point. It rocks side to side about 6 times. Feels like a boat in the water. If you go to double fill points. It rocks once. Like it would empty.

In my experience. If your not loading the bed your fine. But if you do. It absolulty pushes air from one bag to another exaggerating the motion.

Users who are viewing this thread