Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Streaming to RAM

kristof

Reaction score
Lately i have seen a lot of commercials where you can purchase a box to watch YouTube videos on my screen. But they asking over $300 for the box. I'm pretty sure they are all made in China. Anyone knows where I could get or what to look for?

mcarey

Reaction score
I'd all but guarantee that any device capable of what you're looking for will be made in China.

Myfast70

Reaction score
Can you not use carplay or Android to stream to the display?

kristof

Reaction score
I'd all but guarantee that any device capable of what you're looking for will be made in China.
I'm assuming they're made in China because all this devices look exactly the same just different logo

Myfast70

Reaction score
Well that's a bummer, I thought that was part of the bonus about using those apps is that they mimic what's on your phone to the display. Apparently I totally misunderstood that part but I'm not up on all of the newer technology. I've got an aftermarket deck in my '04 so I'm still in the stone age until my '22 shows up, lol

RAM_Dad

Reaction score
I think NavTool makes some products to display video on Uconnect, but not sure if it’s using CarPlay/Android Auto

Speedracer93CobraR

Reaction score
If you use Android, you can download the app Android Auto Apps Dowloader and then use CarStream
Will you give us some more information on this? I searched "android auto apps downloader" and that exact title does not come up in the app store. The top result is "Android Auto for phone screens".
I would like to display Youtube for example on the 12" Uconnect truck screen.

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
It isn't available in the app store, but I downloaded it from Github.

I opted for the free version, as you can download one app each month, but supposedly the paid version allows unlimited.

And there are a handful of YouTube videos showing lots more detail as well.

MrHankbot

Reaction score
It's true, just got it working with my 2019 1500 Limited. I wish that android auto could go full screen however, it's hard to navigate some of the apps like YouTube with it only a half screen.

1964PW

Reaction score
What download is everyone using once in AAAD? Carstream or AAMirror or ????

Last edited:

kristof

Reaction score
I had problem running fermata auto. But I downloaded AASTORE and installed CARTUBE and it works great

TXLaramie

Reaction score
So, without hate for the iPhone please, what options are available? I'm assuming just one of these China products? Anyone have a link to one of the Chinese products or more information on getting a screen mirroring app for iPhone please let me know.

1964PW

Reaction score
I think it's more of a bug than a feature but today while using Carstream I was able to turn the cameras on indefinitely. I'm not sure what Carstream was doing when I turned the bed camera on but it stayed on. Tried the backup and side cameras, all stayed on for several miles. Unplugged my phone and have not been able to get the cameras to stay on.

kristof

Reaction score
I think it's more of a bug than a feature but today while using Carstream I was able to turn the cameras on indefinitely. I'm not sure what Carstream was doing when I turned the bed camera on but it stayed on. Tried the backup and side cameras, all stayed on for several miles. Unplugged my phone and have not been able to get the cameras to stay on.
Maybe it depends if you turn it on while parked and then start driving or if you turn it on while driving?

1964PW

Reaction score
I had been driving for awhile at that point.
I'm not sure if it was even playing anything, it may have been paused, stopped, playing or not started. I'm also not sure what screen it was in, home, search or the few others. I did not put 2 and 2 together until I unplugged.

Users who are viewing this thread