Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

streaming on the 12" screen - has anyone done it?

Shawn719

Reaction score
I too tried this out, but with the Ottocast device. The device works but has the same Netflix issue on 12" portrait mode screen. I went back/forth with tech support in hopes of coming up with a solution but to no avail.
I run the Ottocast via Android mode which leaves my iPhone free to do other things without having it tied to Carplay.
I look forward to someone figuring out the trick to the Netflix issue, if ever.
Thank you for everyone's post on their experience.
Semper Fidelis
S

CFE

Reaction score
Ordered, I'll post a short review after I hook it up.
The device I originally ordered didn't work properly - it would auto reset constantly after about 30 seconds. I went ahead and ordered the magic box and it works as a few responses earlier stated. I do like the WAZE version on it, as it's full screen vs just the top on android auto.

z06psi

Reaction score
The Elite 3.0 box needs a supplemental GPS antenna to do navigation as well. Plan is to split off the factory antenna behind the screen and run an antenna down to the cubby hole where the box is located. Already tested it and it works like a charm. Now I can do video on top and Waze on the bottom of the screen.

JustARam22

Reaction score
Will this give you full screen maps if using an android? The video streaming is nice as well

CFE

Reaction score
Will this give you full screen maps if using an android? The video streaming is nice as well
magic box provides full screen WAZE. I'm gonna download OnX and see if that works as well.

compuke77

Reaction score
I have a 23 Ram with the 12" screen as well. I purchased "Transcend Car Box" about a month ago. The site stated it was compatible with the 23 Ram. It was supposed to do the same thing that Magic Box does, but I had no luck with it. The system would only display on 1/2 the screen and freeze. The people in HK were actually really easy to work with and tried to get a solution. They said it would take a bit to crack this unit so I am returning the device. But I am looking for something but don't want to play roulette with this idea. Has anybody used Magic Box or Elite 3.0 box on a 23 Ram Uconnect 5? Thanks

compuke77

Reaction score
The Elite 3.0 box needs a supplemental GPS antenna to do navigation as well. Plan is to split off the factory antenna behind the screen and run an antenna down to the cubby hole where the box is located. Already tested it and it works like a charm. Now I can do video on top and Waze on the bottom of the screen.
Is this on a U Connect 5? Trying to get a solution for a 23 Ram 12" screen with U Connect 5. Thanks

RandomHero

Reaction score
Carlinkit sells on both Amazon and AliExpress and has worked great for me. Functions well with the vertical screen.

z06psi

Reaction score
Splitting the factory antenna did not work. I am having to route the receive antenna to the back window and the transmitter repeater on top of the cubby where the Elite 3.0 box sits. I was installing two RF 12's in the mega cab at the time.

z06psi

Reaction score
I have been researching the streaming boxes... Which one do you recommend and why? Thanks!
Elite 3.0 is working great. The only issue I have now is when watching Youtube and I get a call the audio doesn't come back. I have to switch back to Android Auto and the back to Carplay. Not a big deal. Just an annoyance.

ironmike

Reaction score
I’m leaning to elite 3.0.. I asked them the question of if I am able to swap my vehicles & it work fine on both compatible vehicles. They answered my other questions but did not answer if I am able to use in either of my compatible vehicles.. am I able to swap this device to any compatible vehicle?

Michelmas

Reaction score
Just ordered my Elite box 3.0 for $299 and free shipping. Let's see how this looks.

Users who are viewing this thread