Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

streaming on the 12" screen - has anyone done it?

CFE

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has used something like the magic box to stream netflix or other platforms on their 12" screen during long halts?

Bd2022Ram

Reaction score
Following, i see they just added uconnect 5 capabilities to their list tho.

Nd79

Reaction score
I have an 8.4" uconnect but am able to play YouTube through Android auto with a third party app downloaded to my phone.

If I remember correctly it is called android auto downloader.

I only did this to let my sons watch some of their favorite videos when waiting for school drop-off and for playing music videos of songs I don't have access to otherwise.

I think if you download the correct version it'll let you open any app on your phone through Android auto, but that's not really considered "safe" while driving. Definitely up to user discretion to not cause unnecessary distractions.

Lee Iacocca

Grumpy Old Fart
Reaction score
It would be nice to use the 12” screen for movies but I ain’t forking over $400.

Reactions: CFE

Lee Iacocca

Grumpy Old Fart
Reaction score

waveslayer

Reaction score
Naviks will do it and allow for camera overrides, navigation override etc.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

waveslayer

Reaction score
Really? This is the first i have heard of this. Interesting
Yes, hold 8 seconds the radio power button I had screen mirroring, press rear defrost twice I get nav override, press defrost 4 times I get any camera at any speed. It worked awesome

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

Andersen24

Reaction score
Well I just pulled the trigger for a streamtoyourcar.com box for $298. On their website they show a guy with a 2022 Ram with uConnect 5 and the 12.1” screen streaming basketball and another one streaming a movie. I figure until I get my Ram, I’ll use it on my Tacoma!

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
What is the least expensive way to mirror on a 12” U5, 2022?

Shop around , Naviks or maybe magic box

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

NAViKS doesn't show 2022 (UC5) on their website yet. Given the new connectors on UC5 radio module and screen, I'd def call them to check when they're going to have them ready.

toyboy1980

Reaction score
Well I just pulled the trigger for a streamtoyourcar.com box for $298. On their website they show a guy with a 2022 Ram with uConnect 5 and the 12.1” screen streaming basketball and another one streaming a movie. I figure until I get my Ram, I’ll use it on my Tacoma!
Just ordered one too. There are quite a few reviews with videos of people on UC5 with 12” screens. Looks pretty cool.

toyboy1980

Reaction score
Got my unit from streamtoyourcar.com. Can verify it works great and displays about anything you want to your uConnect screen. Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Video, etc. It’s just an Android operating system that is modded somehow to allow those apps to stream to your vehicle. It gets a thumbs up.

Users who are viewing this thread