Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stop Sale due to Grid Heater Relay Recall

PurpleHaze

Reaction score
Just curious how many have had their new vehicles delivered to dealer and it’s under a stop sale due to grid heater recall.
Mine arrived at dealer about 3 weeks ago, just sitting and waiting. Still no word on how long this is going to take.

Attachments

• 4154546A-59DE-46C3-812C-23AE668A3776.jpeg
    4154546A-59DE-46C3-812C-23AE668A3776.jpeg
    625 KB · Views: 102
  • A92165C8-3016-41DD-9071-559C1B0BCB2D.jpeg
    A92165C8-3016-41DD-9071-559C1B0BCB2D.jpeg
    729.7 KB · Views: 101
  • 5D20C512-D74B-4A5A-A157-CB912638D9A2.jpeg
    5D20C512-D74B-4A5A-A157-CB912638D9A2.jpeg
    841.5 KB · Views: 102

scdo

Reaction score
I’m in the same boat. Sitting at MD as of last weekend. They unofficially mentioned that maybe they’d start to see some parts come in by end of month but they really don’t know.

I wonder how long the transmission dip stick recall took from first recall notice to part availability.

Attachments

• 661AD369-A9AA-4D33-B5B2-83F5A8E298A1.jpeg
    661AD369-A9AA-4D33-B5B2-83F5A8E298A1.jpeg
    351.2 KB · Views: 58

Firebird

Reaction score
Just curious how many have had their new vehicles delivered to dealer and it’s under a stop sale due to grid heater recall.
Mine arrived at dealer about 3 weeks ago, just sitting and waiting. Still no word on how long this is going to take.
Beautiful rig, sucks you can't take delivery

Ronstar

Reaction score
Im still showing March 24 delivery to WA state but salesman called and said the code was changed to “transit delay”. I/ we still have no idea exactly where my truck is at this point. Dealership has been given no instructions for the fix yet either.
Salesman said Ram giving affected owners a $500 rebate for this if not yet sold.

BroadStBully

Reaction score
Mine arrived at the dealership on 2/9/23. With interest rates about to go up again I think RAM should be offering more than a $500 rebate , if that's even true. My salesman failed to mention it. Then again, im pretty sure he was unaware of the stop sale/recall too.

relbus

Reaction score
Perhaps I can find this info with some digging, but perhaps some
Of you more knowledgable of the recall can help?

If my truck was just built and started production 3/2 would they have installed the corrected parts during the build or is it possible I find myself in the stop sale unable to take delivery group?

relbus

Reaction score
I may have just answered my
Own question running the VIN through a recall tracker. Assume that is accurate?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

Grid Heater RELAY recall.

The google crawler will go bonkers....

scdo

Reaction score
Perhaps I can find this info with some digging, but perhaps some
Of you more knowledgable of the recall can help?

If my truck was just built and started production 3/2 would they have installed the corrected parts during the build or is it possible I find myself in the stop sale unable to take delivery group?
I believe you’ll be good. Read that 2/1 was the cutoff. Consider yourself lucky!

HDRAM405

Reaction score
Same same, I ordered a 2023 truck October 20th for my father and it's been sitting for a couple weeks now at the dealer. The build date was 1/30/23 They can't sell it to me until the recall is done.

RossWatkins

Cranky
Reaction score
Has there been any update to the availability of the grid heater recall or further communication from Ram? I ordered my Ram on the 13th Sept 2022, it was delivered into Portland Oregon on the 12th Feb 2023! It’s STILL sitting on the dealers lot and can’t be released due to the recall. Together with the omission of the 12” digit cluster on my order, this is the straw that’s breaking the camels back for me with this company! To stay I’m a little more than annoyed at Stellantis is a huge under statement!. What makes it worse is that we sold my wife’s car on the 14th Feb as we were told our pick up would be delivered by the 20th Feb!!!! If Ram Cares really cared, there would be more communication on the status of the availability of the parts, and some sort of compensation for the continued delays and omissions on the specs as advertised!

HG

Hello,

Thank you for grabbing our attention! We appreciate your feedback. We will be sure to forward this feedback to our team for future strategic implementation. Right now there is no repair remedy available for the 13A recall for the Heater Grid Recall. We will keep everyone affected by this recall further posted once we get any further update. We appreciate your patience.

William
Ram Cares

William, please don’t think I am being patient for one minute!!! It ran out on Feb 16th 2023. This is a total PR disaster for Ram and Ram Cares! the communication from Ram cares is deafening by your silence. On many levels, this purchase has been one of the most incompetent customer service communication exercises. Why would RAM advertise a new feature on their web site (12“ digital display) and it not be available on the vehicles that were pre-ordered! I, for one was looking forward to the new digital cluster. I’m assuming the cost was put into the pre-order, are we all being compensated by the omission? I have a couple of questions that those of us who are effected would be interested in some honest answers and not to be pushed aside.

1. If the current manufacture of Rams with the Cumins Diesel engine is ok, why are they not temporary held so the ‘working Heater Grid’ can be shipped to those of us who ordered early and now have to wait an indefinite period while our vehicles sit idle on a dealers lot.

2. This recall is a month old, and Ram can not give an answer or timeline as to when the parts will be available. (Hard to believe) There must be some urgent discussions happening between yourselves and the part manufacturer that have been going on since early Feb. Surely Ram has been given a time lime as to when these parts will begin to filter into the system. (Even if its just a few thousand). A month is a long time, not to have ANY IDEA when this issue will be addressed large manufacturer. Will Ram Care really lets its customers know what’s going on, or will we just continue to be thanked for our patience?

RossWatkins

Cranky
Reaction score
The above is my posts from another Forum. Basically Ram are saying that have NO idea when this will be fixed and we can get our vehicles off the dealers lot. I know there are supply chain issues, but these are being slowly rectified Across all industries. for a company the size of Stellantis not to have any idea of a time line after a month is mind boggling.

BroadStBully

Reaction score
The above is my posts from another Forum. Basically Ram are saying that have NO idea when this will be fixed and we can get our vehicles off the dealers lot. I know there are supply chain issues, but these are being slowly rectified Across all industries. for a company the size of Stellantis not to have any idea of a time line after a month is mind boggling.
Agreed. My original est. Del. Date was 4/14 so I'm trying to factor that into my frustration. The truck was actually delivered a month early. If THAT date comes and goes I will be pissed and will begin looking elsewhere to include other manufacturers. Can't imagine if i had pre-ordered this vehicle and going through this.

Malfunkshun'd

Reaction score
Hi,
Recall victim here. My Truck is waiting at the dealership, and it has been 1month (recall hit 2 days before my expected delivery, fml).
My dealer is also in a total fog. He told me that I should not expect anything before mid-April.

Great...

jebruns

Reaction score
Hi,
Recall victim here. My Truck is waiting at the dealership, and it has been 1month (recall hit 2 days before my expected delivery, fml).
My dealer is also in a total fog. He told me that I should not expect anything before mid-April.

Great...
That would suck. I feel for you.

unclelala

Reaction score
My twist on this:
I use to keep my truck 30 miles from me during winter but have since brought it home for 2 reasons, 1. because I needed to go up to cottage country to holiday on and off for a few weeks . 2. because of this grid heater thing, I was afraid of it burning down my buddy's barn. Its now parked outside my door where I can keep an eye on it. Everytime I think I smell something burning I rush to door to check on my truck and even have rushed out of bed to have a look.
This is the tragedy of this situation and everybody has their own personal story as how this Ram #$%^ up has affected 300,000 and change people lives, and business with nothing but a "we are working on this".
I've had patients before but watching how Ram handle this is criminal. If they had to pay through the a$$ once in a while maybe...maybe it might slow down their quick money making fixes.
To be fair I guess this should apply to all the car companies.

scdo

Reaction score
For those of us impacted by the Stop Sale…

FYI, I connected with my dealer today. No firm update but he said “there is a conference call April 1st to give us an update”.

scdo

Reaction score
Just an observation and pissed off with the overall situation. At least if your alls catches on fire its not in your driveway. LOL :D
I guess you could go park it in your dealers lot if you really wanted ha. I wish I had access to the truck now - we’re trying to plan a trip in May and it’s tough without any confidence of when I’ll have the truck.

I feel for you though. If I had mine now, I’d prob unplug the relay or whatever those steps were to disable.

Users who are viewing this thread