Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stolen 23 Hood!!!!

44Dan44

Reaction score
You will not believe this so I'm adding pictures.

Image 3-24-23 at 6.52 AM.jpg
Image 3-24-23 at 6.51 AM.jpg

I guess what I meant to say is I stole ;) these pictures about a 23 hood from Facebook (Jake if you're here) as I figured some people will want to do this eventually here's a head start on the part numbers. I'm not all-in on the gigantic badges but I do like the center scoop.

Image 3-24-23 at 7.01 AM.jpg

44Dan44

Reaction score
Said he's putting on a 22, probably at $1500 all in after paint. His original hood was damaged and since insurance is paying he's replacing this route and making it a functional scoop.

Cutting out the back of it.
Image 3-24-23 at 7.13 AM.jpg

Last edited:

CdnHO

Reaction score
Was never into non-functional stuff like hood scoops. Nice design but that scoop should do something other than just sit there. YMMV.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
A lot of people don't seem to understand that the RAM 2500 has a Cold Air Intake from the factory. ;) And it will supply more air than the motor can use.

Go take a good look under the cover on top of the radiator. You will find the air intake is a "Scoop" that runs across the top of the radiator and gets cold air "Ramed" into it from the front grill opening. Then straight into the air box. ;):cool:

44Dan44

Reaction score
A lot of people don't seem to understand that the RAM 2500 has a Cold Air Intake from the factory. ;) And it will supply more air than the motor can use.

Go take a good look under the cover on top of the radiator. You will find the air intake is a "Scoop" that runs across the top of the radiator and gets cold air "Ramed" into it from the front grill opening. Then straight into the air box. ;):cool:
I look forward to looking under my hood.........some day. ;)

g00fy

Reaction score
Somebody just posted their silver 2020 on Facebook after replacing their hail damaged hood with the 2023 hood. It's sharp looking, can't wait to get one for my 19

Users who are viewing this thread