Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stock tail lights to OEM LED

kristof

Reaction score
2020 Ram 2500 tradesman. Is it possible to swap the tail lights for OEM led ? If Yes can I install the ones with blind spot?

MtnRider

Reaction score
It is possible, you might need an adaptor harness just to get the lights to work though? (I added them to my 16 but not sure what your 20 tradesman has connector wise?)

And yes you can get blind spot working, but it's not plug and play. You will need to run additional wires back to to the cab and plug into the canbus, as well as the BCM. Then add wires to the door modules, add the correct mirror glass and enable all the functions in the BCM. That's kind of the quick and dirty of it. It's a fair amount of work

kristof

Reaction score
It is possible, you might need an adaptor harness just to get the lights to work though? (I added them to my 16 but not sure what your 20 tradesman has connector wise?)

And yes you can get blind spot working, but it's not plug and play. You will need to run additional wires back to to the cab and plug into the canbus, as well as the BCM. Then add wires to the door modules, add the correct mirror glass and enable all the functions in the BCM. That's kind of the quick and dirty of it. It's a fair amount of work
No thanks then. I'm just gonna swap to OEM Led tail lights without the blind spot. If it was quick and easy wire cut and connect job I will do it but if I have to run wires to the cab then it's just too much work for something I don't really need

kristof

Reaction score
Where can I find some info on how to make the harness to convert Incandescent tails to oem led?

MtnRider

Reaction score
Where can I find some info on how to make the harness to convert Incandescent tails to oem led?

I believe this is the correct adaptor you need..

kristof

Reaction score
I believe this is the correct adaptor you need..

It looks like. Thank You for the link

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
here are the jumper part numbers. you'll need 2, and the plug is inside the tail light relief. thanks to @Jimmy07 , as always!

Screenshot_20221209_091400_Chrome.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread