Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stock Exhaust

phrogman

Reaction score
What is everyone doing with their stock exhaust after upgrading with aftermarket? Trash, scrap metal, storing for later or selling? I have mine sitting in the garage taking up space and I'm not sure what to do with it.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

jetrinka

Reaction score
I'd say the stock exhaust doesn't have much value - probably just take it to the scrap yard.

jadmt

Reaction score
I would hang on to it....i read lots of reports of people going back to stock after their first long road trip :)...

ClawSS

Reaction score
I got a stock "muffler-back" off my truck if someone wants to come get it. I am not up for shipping it anywhere but the scrap yard. Truck had about 13k miles on it when removed.

phrogman

Reaction score
@jadmt

My hoarder tendencies tell me to keep it but I'm positive I won't put it back on. My previous truck, had long tube headers with two high-flow cats. Did several trips towing cross country and it didn't bother me one bit. This Borla catback sounds good when you step on it and yet barely noticeable at cruise.

MEGA HO

Reaction score
I can't see if OP has his truck specs in his sig, but if you've got a diesel then hold on to your exhaust, you will likely need it.
If it's a gas then get rid of it.

MtnRider

Reaction score
Gas or Diesel? If diesel I would keep it all. You never know when a local law may change or you move and have to put it back on. That would be Very expensive to replace.

phrogman

Reaction score
I can't see if OP has his truck specs in his sig, but if you've got a diesel then hold on to your exhaust, you will likely need it.
If it's a gas then get rid of it.
Gas or Diesel? If diesel I would keep it all. You never know when a local law may change or you move and have to put it back on. That would be Very expensive to replace.

Gas

Users who are viewing this thread