Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Still waiting on the new Ram

Lg3822

Reaction score
My truck is in jb status which supposedly means it's at an off site out fitter to get bed liner and power running boards installed. I thought I read somewhere that they do these things at the factory, is that wrong? From the research I did the out fitter is about 500 miles south of Saltillo in a town called Toluca. Can anybody confirm this? I don't understand why they would ship a new truck that far to get a couple small things done instead of having it done on site. I wonder how much longer from this status it will be.

Millmutt

Reaction score
I don’t know the exact status of my truck,
but mine has been built as well awaiting optional equipment for about a month now. My dealer has told me it is done at the factory just in a different area. Who knows. My 2020 was ordered 8/17

Lg3822

Reaction score
Wow. That's a long time to wait on options to be installed. Seems ridiculous.

Frank

Reaction score
Usually because it's a low bid subcontractor that is cheaper than the investment in floor space and equipment.

D

Deleted member 80

My truck has the factory liner, and went from E status to KZ in a matter of 3 or 4 days.

D

Deleted member 80

Was this recently or pre virus?
That was before the China-Clap. There is no doubt things might have slowed down some, but my point is I doubt they shipped my truck 500 miles, got it sprayed, and ready to ship in a few days.

John_74

Reaction score
How are you guys finding out your build status codes? Ram Chat keeps telling me they can't give that information out.

Lg3822

Reaction score
How are you guys finding out your build status codes? Ram Chat keeps telling me they can't give that information out.
That's odd. I guess it depends on what mood you catch them in. I got the info from ram chat and also the salesman at the dealership.

Reaction score
Pretty sure, if I recall correctly even things such as the ramboxes are parted out to a 3rd party for install and are known to cause delays.

Frank

Reaction score
Pretty sure, if I recall correctly even things such as the ramboxes are parted out to a 3rd party for install and are known to cause delays.
I would have assumed ram boxes were a subassembly and show up on the line already installed in the bed. You generally don't do something post-assembly if it can be done before.

Users who are viewing this thread