Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stellantis's price increases highest amongst major brands.

BamaOEF

Reaction score
Stelantis is bound and determined to destroy what's left of CDJR. Between the crappy customer support from the dealers, 50% price hikes, and their plan to electrify the fleet that no one wants. last call Challenger/Charger rip-offs. It's almost as if they are trying to fail.

November-2023-Price-Increase-Since-2018.jpeg

MtnRider

Reaction score
I can't speak for the cars in the line up but the Ram trucks have traditionally been priced much lower than the competition so the big increase is just putting them more in line with the others. With that said, you can get a Ram well under MSRP where Ford will not budge an inch in most cases so that chart doesn't tell the complete story. Not defending them just clarifying the market we are in.

My eggs and everything else I need on a day to day basis has nearly doubled in price so par for the course of the current "situation" we are in...

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
I can't speak for the cars in the line up but the Ram trucks have traditionally been priced much lower than the competition so the big increase is just putting them more in line with the others. With that said, you can get a Ram well under MSRP where Ford will not budge an inch in most cases so that chart doesn't tell the complete story. Not defending them just clarifying the market we are in.

My eggs and everything else I need on a day to day basis has nearly doubled in price so par for the course of the current "situation" we are in...

Agree. A McChicken was $1 in 2018 and it’s $2.39 now lol

Enve46

Reaction score
It’s the reason I bought a 81k Power Wagon for 63k. It’s actually not bad marketing. Raise the MSRP and give a huge factory incentive with dealer discounts, makes people feel good about what they’re buying when in fact the Power Wagon I just bought cost about $65k MSRP with no incentive or discount 2 years ago unless you ordered through one of the forum vendors.

Not defending them cause it’s also the reason their cars are sitting on lots longer than anyone’s but perspective is also important

Nick

Reaction score
Raw materials , labor costs , govt regulations and the list goes on and on .

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
NO question that the prices are higher... I think we all know that.
But data can be parsed out to tell any sort of story.

In the graph posted, is that MSRP change, or is that actual transaction change?
If it is MSRP, is it average of the change on each individual trim/model?
If it's transaction change, reflecting discount & rebates, how does it take into account the share of Laramies vs Tradesman for example, to be apples to apples?
How does it take into account that the Wrangler 4xe is significantly more expensive than ICE, but that's new, and not really what people end up paying?
These questions would of course effect the picture of all manufacturers, not just Stellantis.

Slowest selling vehicle is also a little bit of a misnomer if we're only going to use "days supply" or "days on lot"
Surely other vehicles sell less per day than a RAM truck.
Having over stock is not a good thing for the dealers, but doesn't tell the whole story.

I don't have any conclusions to draw here, other than sharing my habit I was raised with to question the news always.
I DO love data and charts though :)

sanda

Reaction score

Yep, we get what we vote for.

Aketay

Reaction score
sitting in Missoula, MT getting an oil change only with 5w40 for $160. That was only $115 a mere 3 years ago. last oil change for this truck @ 489,051 miles.

Grey

Reaction score
You can get a Dodge. I work with several companies that had to cancel or got their fleet orders canceled by Ford.

Docwagon1776

Reaction score

There's plenty of dealers who will do an order for invoice - 3% or so on Fords. Off the lot or local you may be more over the barrel.

Aketay

Reaction score
Don’t burn up your starter, dealer priced at a bargain for around $1500 installed in Washington state.

Attachments

• IMG_1998.jpeg
    IMG_1998.jpeg
    265.7 KB · Views: 17

Users who are viewing this thread