Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steering wheel off center from dash? Can be fixed?

trevor1030

Reaction score
Hi all watched a video of a guy explaining reasons he was waiting for a 2022 Ram 2500, the only reason that actually bothered me was he showed the steering wheel itself like not center with the dash screen it was actually favoring left (sure enough, i sat in a few a dealership and noticed the same thing) apparently this is a safety feature? I was curious if anyone was able to find a fix? One person had mentioned there are 2 screws under the wheel and allows you to move the wheel 1" left or right to perfectly center it. Have not heard anyone else mention this though! Thanks in advance!

heres a link to the video if you wanna check it out
starts at 4:50-6:30

Thanks in advance

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I saw that video and frankly, it hasn't bothered me one bit. Hadn't even come to mind again until just now.

Sit in a Chevy and the whole shebang is off center from the driver seat. That's a grind for sure.

Jarred

Reaction score
I checked mine after watching the video and mine is pretty well centered.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
I saw that video a while back. I was hoping to forget about it so it won't bug me once my truck gets here ;)

SteelersFan

Reaction score
I came to Ram from a GMC. Never thought about it there and definitely have not noticed anything with my 2019 Ram 2500. It’s so much nicer than the GMC.

trevor1030

Reaction score
Yea, since im too impatient to wait for a 2022 (whenever that releases) ill probably just get a 2021 as from what ive seen they come with a digital rearview which seems pretty awesome.

sainthalo65

Reaction score
I’ve a 2008 F150 and a 2020 Ram 2500 I don’t notice it on the Ram, but it is more pronounced on my F150. So may be something in trucks generally, not sure of this however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeXM

Reaction score
Hi all watched a video of a guy explaining reasons he was waiting for a 2022 Ram 2500, the only reason that actually bothered me was he showed the steering wheel itself like not center with the dash screen it was actually favoring left (sure enough, i sat in a few a dealership and noticed the same thing) apparently this is a safety feature? I was curious if anyone was able to find a fix? One person had mentioned there are 2 screws under the wheel and allows you to move the wheel 1" left or right to perfectly center it. Have not heard anyone else mention this though! Thanks in advance!

heres a link to the video if you wanna check it out
starts at 4:50-6:30

Thanks in advance
I had seen that video before I got my truck. I was a worried too. Well, after few month using my truck later, if it is off-center it doesn't bother me at all. And I'm a bit ocd, so don't sweat it.

Last edited:

jsalbre

Reaction score
Yea, since im too impatient to wait for a 2022 (whenever that releases) ill probably just get a 2021 as from what ive seen they come with a digital rearview which seems pretty awesome.

The digital rear view mirror is only on the 1500. The only change for 2021 model year HDs is the addition of the Night Edition package on the Limited (which was available for the end of the 2020 run as well.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

jsalbre

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread