Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stake Pocket Covers are Gone

Ron045

Reaction score
Hello all. I took a 320 mile round trip Monday and Tuesday and noticed after we pulled into the driveway last night my two rear OEM stake pocket covers were missing. It became apparent because when I closed the bed and tonneau cover, the bed light came through the pocket.

Can these things just fall out? And what are the chances of 2 falling out on the same day? Could they have been stolen?

I want to get replacements that match the other two in the front but am having a hard time identifying the proper part. I enclosed pictures of the pocket covers in the front and the missing covering the rear. I was able to find 3rd party covers pretty easy, but they do not look like they would be a flush fit like the OEM in the front.

I'm having trouble finding the right part on the mopar web site. Any help would be appreciated.
IMG_20240103_182807831.jpgIMG_20240103_181351693.jpg

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Guessing you have a short box?

That’s normal, there are no covers.

The fronts have to be cut out to use as stake pockets.

Ron045

Reaction score
Yes. Mega Cab with 6'4" box. No Ram Box. Seriously? There are no covers on the 2022 Larmie 2500? I can't believe this is the first time in two years I've noticed the holes and the light shining through from the bed light.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
If you look at the advertisement photos for stake pocket covers you can see that only the rear pockets are cut in from the factory on the short box.

All 6 of my stake pockets are open on the long bed.

Ron045

Reaction score
Yes. Brand new 2 years ago straight from the factory. Guess I'm just nonobservant. I never saw the holes before last night. When I noticed the light shining through I immeadiately though I lost the covers. I can't remember even seeing or feeling the holes when washing the truck. Guess I'm loosing it.

unclelala

Reaction score
I saw those. I was looking for what I thought were identical covers for the front. But now I'm learning that's not possible.
In April 2022 I bought similar ones off the Canadian Amazon. They didn't fit perfect but a little trimming with a utility knife and a dead blow hammer and it was perfect. So for the money they want its worth the gamble. Maybe with a MacGyver job it just might work.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Mine from factory didn’t have rear covers. I got some 3D printed ones off Amazon.

https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?...o-to-your-ram-today.1987/page-216#post-154599

@Brutal_HO has a design for some on Thingiverse if you have access to a 3D printer.

Also on printables (linked them)

To be clear, I stole the idea from others, but these were 100% made from the ground up while I was learning to use Fusion360 so...

I had been thinking of a slight redesign as the black PETG ones I've had in since making are starting to sag just a bit with the truck outside 365, though they're still tighter than a well diggers a$$.

large_display_rampoc-c-embossed_702585.webp

large_display_rampoc-sig_v1_702585.webp

large_display_rampoc-flag-driver_v1_702585.webp

Another good design (I may do something similar with the cutout to reduce material use.)

Attachments

• 1704340934164.png
    1704340934164.png
    212.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

G Mcpherson

Reaction score
ES ENGINEERED BY SCHILDMEIER Stake Pocket Cover Set . Found these on Amazon. There are two different configurations available. They fit well. Here is also a Review and more information.
5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit for our Ram, but it's a 2023 not a 2009-2018
Reviewed in the United States on November 9, 2023
Verified Purchase
These fit perfectly and are flush and will work great under a bed cover we're getting, but our Ram is a 2023 2500 with a 6'4" bed rather than a 2009-18. Our top rails match the attached screenshot of the picture in this part's description, i.e. no ribs and frames around the pocket covers, even though that picture is supposed to match 2009-18 Rams. Get whichever of these covers match your bed rails in terms of those pictures in the item descriptions, either this one, B0C6X3ZG1S, or the one that is supposed to be for the newer Rams, namely B0C6WQD7WZ.
Customer imageCustomer imageCustomer image

Ron045

Reaction score
Thanks all for the inputs. I ended up ordering these from Amazon. My decision to spend a little more was based on a true recessed cover and a look similar to the front. There was one bad comment and the rest were 5 star\s. So, hoping for the best.

I still swear something WAS there. I just find it hard to believe after two years I just noticed this. Maybe my kids are right. I'm getting old.

On a positive note, as I cross my 2 year anniversary this month, I still love this truck. 33k miles and have towed my camper to Savannah several times and also to FL. Going to FL again this year too. It's also come in handy to bring my daughter to and from college getting every inch of the bed and mega cab filled. I thought I wanted the RAM box, but glad I did not take that option and went with the regular box. The totes she uses for college fit perfectly in the 6.4 bed.

I had some strange happenings with my head unit system last year and over the summer. The screen would just decide to flip out and change colors. One time I could not shut off the radio, even after I turned off the truck got out and locked it. The radio just played on. There was a software recall the dealer performed and all those problems went away.

One of the best options are these handles they put in the front bumper. When I take a knee to wash the bumper, they make great handles to lift myself back up. Yes, I know they are tow hooks. That's me just trying to be funny because they do not look like hooks. And I really do use them to help pull myself back up. My son calls them OMH's (Old Man Handles).

1704460839765.png

1704459934932.png
1704459966202.png

JustMeAndMy3500

Reaction score
The reason the back ones were/are not there is they purpose as a handhold too. When you're pulling yourself up into the bed, that's where your peter-tongs go. GM has them too , a bit larger and contoured, (plus they have the steps in the corners of the rear bumper), ALL ABOARD!!!
I had the aforementioned GM product and bought the covers . Worked out good until the temperature rose (SC) and the sun beat down on them. Everyday I'd be out in the driveway picking them up while doing my "pretrip" . They'd pop out like a Pop-Tart from the toaster. If'n you're gonna seal them in, do it in the chilly or at night so it'll have time to set up and not move til set.

At least it was a minor oversite/overlook. You could be like one of the many folks who purchase their truck and get pissed cause it won't fit in the garage on the initial trip home for the dealer.

DeadEnd

Reaction score
Thanks all for the inputs. I ended up ordering these from Amazon. My decision to spend a little more was based on a true recessed cover and a look similar to the front. There was one bad comment and the rest were 5 star\s. So, hoping for the best.

I still swear something WAS there. I just find it hard to believe after two years I just noticed this. Maybe my kids are right. I'm getting old.

On a positive note, as I cross my 2 year anniversary this month, I still love this truck. 33k miles and have towed my camper to Savannah several times and also to FL. Going to FL again this year too. It's also come in handy to bring my daughter to and from college getting every inch of the bed and mega cab filled. I thought I wanted the RAM box, but glad I did not take that option and went with the regular box. The totes she uses for college fit perfectly in the 6.4 bed.

I had some strange happenings with my head unit system last year and over the summer. The screen would just decide to flip out and change colors. One time I could not shut off the radio, even after I turned off the truck got out and locked it. The radio just played on. There was a software recall the dealer performed and all those problems went away.

One of the best options are these handles they put in the front bumper. When I take a knee to wash the bumper, they make great handles to lift myself back up. Yes, I know they are tow hooks. That's me just trying to be funny because they do not look like hooks. And I really do use them to help pull myself back up. My son calls them OMH's (Old Man Handles).

View attachment 67579

View attachment 67577
View attachment 67578
Wonder if they would fit the other pockets on the long bed. I think the description says rear most only...

Users who are viewing this thread