Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Splash Guards....what are people using?

switz

Reaction score
@switz how was the install on the rear, did you have to remove the wheels? I purchased the same set and waiting to install. Thinking of getting a right angle drill to make install easier.
Yes, rear wheels had to be removed.

UplandMann

Reaction score
No sir! Plenty of room and a ratchet works best. Do not use a drill because you can over torque and strip the sheet metal out.

NordicNevs

Reaction score
Duraflap for me.

Very happy with them. W
e61bc1e9f95399508329a70314b83563.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UplandMann

Reaction score
The question was about DuraFlap, if ordered correctly they do not require removal of the rear wheels.

Burn'n Oil

It's a metaphor!
Reaction score
Burn'nOil They Look Great... What size are the, as in 9.5" or 5" front, and where did you order?

They're 12 inches wide - front and rear. Got em from the dealer. Although these are the vanilla style, they come with a variety of logos as well (Hemi, Ram, LongHorn etc).

woody284

Reaction score
just to add some info to this thread. i went with the husky models. fits very nice.

View attachment 1253View attachment 1252
How close are your step bars to your front wheel well edge? I like the look of the huskys and price point. WeatherTech release their 19 models but do not show a install video yet or have many details. One website searching 18 models stated to have WeatherTech front mud guards you had to have at least two inches of clearance. I only have just over an inch.
L

npurdy1112

Reaction score
Installed the mopar flaps a couple weeks ago. Was simple with the right (Low profile) plastic rivet puller. Didn’t have to remove wheels.

I wouldn’t recommend them because the included washers are already rusted and look like crap.

Attachments

• 6F0C41A5-4630-40B3-A21F-96F37B9B086B.jpeg
    6F0C41A5-4630-40B3-A21F-96F37B9B086B.jpeg
    403.4 KB · Views: 59

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
How close are your step bars to your front wheel well edge? I like the look of the huskys and price point. WeatherTech release their 19 models but do not show a install video yet or have many details. One website searching 18 models stated to have WeatherTech front mud guards you had to have at least two inches of clearance. I only have just over an inch.
L

I havent measured but it's ar least 4 inches.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
I got them through amazon, but they were in a husky box with the part numbers on them.

gyoung360

Reaction score
I went with DuraFlap DF14 13/14 SS NB for the fronts, DR16 16 SS NB for the rears. I choose the 14" to give a little added protection since I live off of a gravel road and have a 1/4" mile long gravel driveway. Lots of stones to kick up...

FYI - You'll get a 10% discount if you type in Member for the Promo Code.

These things are MEGA Beefy, youll be pleased.
Just ordered Husky front and back mud flaps with OEMs.. the truck accessories store said 1 day and then called back and said these new (2019 Ram 2500) mudflaps where just coming out and it would take 2 weeks to get them in stock.. paid $85 for front and back Husky Mud flaps.

voltedge

Reaction score
I've got the Weather Tech molded no-drill splash guards ordered. We put them on our 14' CTD 2500 and really liked the no drill install and the look.

jakebrake

Reaction score
I got this just two weeks ago from Husky on their No Drill flaps for the 2019/2020 HD's with finder flairs.

Subject: RE: Husky Liners: Contact Form

Just an FYI—we did not see the Ram HD trucks with flares until June. Designs were completed in July and submitted for mold build. We had the “first run” on this part in early-December and realized that mold builders did not add in part numbers so we have to send the molds back.

Should have parts this next week with any luck.

Thanks,

woody284

Reaction score
I just purchased and installed the 2019+ weather tech no drill mud guards. I did front and rear in stall was a breeze. I did not have to remove the wheels or even turn the wheel. All factory protective pieces stay on the truck. 100 percent happy.

SteelersFan

Reaction score
I just purchased and installed the 2019+ weather tech no drill mud guards. I did front and rear in stall was a breeze. I did not have to remove the wheels or even turn the wheel. All factory protective pieces stay on the truck. 100 percent happy.

Do you have the factory fender flares? Post a pic. I was wonder what the weather tech mud flaps look like.

Users who are viewing this thread