Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speedometer recalibration for the 22 power wagon??

Thisisthe-wagon

Reaction score
Ya looks like I will have to go that route. Seems like the only option at the moment.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
So it does throw codes. I thought that was the case. Any issues with codes being thrown for TPMS lowering? Also I have the link MX and not the MX + Any reason it won't work on this new truck?

What truck?

2500 has TPMS.

3500 has TPIS and does not alarm at low pressures.

TPMS/TPIS can also be changed with AlfaOBD.

thkbaron

Reaction score
Just got Alpha OBD downloaded to my newly arrived samsung galaxy. I used my old bypass harness from my 18. Did the TPMS. No codes no issues. Worked perfect.

Thisisthe-wagon

Reaction score
Well guess I'm getting a tablet then seeing our old kindle fire is getting rediculously slow. Hopefully when I setup the new one I can get the newest verious of alpha obd. I cannot get the other one to update to save my life.
Looks like I am about to go the same route.

thkbaron

Reaction score
Tire size went fine. I got it so I'm actually going slower by .75 to 1 mph under now which is fine because my Toyo R/T's I'll be running in the winter are slightly bigger. All those fault codes getting thrown is a bit scary though. I was in the middle of doing it when my fire pager went off yesterday so I rushed through it. Worked out ok though. Alpha OBD is the best option right now if you can get bypass harness.

Thisisthe-wagon

Reaction score
Tire size went fine. I got it so I'm actually going slower by .75 to 1 mph under now which is fine because my Toyo R/T's I'll be running in the winter are slightly bigger. All those fault codes getting thrown is a bit scary though. I was in the middle of doing it when my fire pager went off yesterday so I rushed through it. Worked out ok though. Alpha OBD is the best option right now if you can get bypass harness.
Did you download to a galaxy phone or tablet. Was going to look at getting it just wasn't sure if I should get a separate device.

thkbaron

Reaction score
It doesn’t matter what it’s on as long as it’s android. I actually had it on a Kindle last time and it worked but I couldn’t transfer it over to the new galaxy. I couldn’t get it to update on the Kindle so I had to re-purchase it

Thisisthe-wagon

Reaction score
It doesn’t matter what it’s on as long as it’s android. I actually had it on a Kindle last time and it worked but I couldn’t transfer it over to the new galaxy. I couldn’t get it to update on the Kindle so I had to re-purchase it
Appreciate the info. Is there a bypass cable you recommend or best place to pick one up.

thkbaron

Reaction score
I used my bypass cable I had from my 18. KAOD Tech. Looks like they are out of stock online. Maybe someone else will chime in.

CAD73

Reaction score
Rekindling this one because I just went through the procedure, changed my tire size, change threshold of my TPMS. Even though I cleared all the faults as described in the video, my CEL is still on and won't turn off. Reading the codes on AlphOBD for the body control module just says "no fault codes". SO...the CEL is on but it's not throwing a fault code? How is this possible? Any help would be much appreciated.

CAD73

Reaction score
Well, nevermind I guess. I went into the engine module instead of the body control module to try to read and clear codes. Problem is, AlphaOBD doesn't have a proper ISO connection to this module on a 2022 (apparently). The app gives you the option to continue even though it may not read correctly. I took this leap of faith, and successfully cleared the CEL.

I have to say, I've worked on my 2009 JK, and my wife's 2020 JLU with tuners/programmers. AlphaOBD has to be the single LEAST intuitive piece of software I've ever seen. Or maybe it's Chrysler's fault...I don't know. Either way, this was bananas.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I've had occasion where AlfaOBD wouldn't clear ECU codes but using the OBDLink software or Torque did.

thkbaron

Reaction score
Well, nevermind I guess. I went into the engine module instead of the body control module to try to read and clear codes. Problem is, AlphaOBD doesn't have a proper ISO connection to this module on a 2022 (apparently). The app gives you the option to continue even though it may not read correctly. I took this leap of faith, and successfully cleared the CEL.

I have to say, I've worked on my 2009 JK, and my wife's 2020 JLU with tuners/programmers. AlphaOBD has to be the single LEAST intuitive piece of software I've ever seen. Or maybe it's Chrysler's fault...I don't know. Either way, this was bananas.
Yeah the speedometer calibration is a bit scary. Glad I'm done doing it and anything else for the time being.

Ridered67

Reaction score
Just FYI, AEV has ProCal snaps back in stock. I ordered one and just used it on my 2022 level 3 power wagon and it worked perfectly. Just be aware that when your plugging in the pig tail wire it goes into the blue connectors up and to the left (looking from underneath)

thkbaron

Reaction score
Just FYI, AEV has ProCal snaps back in stock. I ordered one and just used it on my 2022 level 3 power wagon and it worked perfectly. Just be aware that when your plugging in the pig tail wire it goes into the blue connectors up and to the left (looking from underneath)
Not any more lol. Price went up too

dirt-merchant

Reaction score
How long ago did you buy this? Off the website?

I've been watching the site but never saw them back in stock..

thkbaron

Reaction score
yeah I don't care since I've done mine with alpha obd. Good to know for others though.

Users who are viewing this thread