Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speedo Recal Suggestions

JamesEvan

Reaction score
New to the forum, just picked up a 2022 Hydro Blue PW and installed 37s with AEV Salta's. Looking to do a speedometer recal and after doing some research landed on AEV's Procal Snap, but unfortunately they aren't in stock and won't be for some time due to the chip shortage. Anyone else had success with other options (Hypertech, Diablo etc...)? Any concerns ( ex. shift points) I should have with running as is until AEV restocks?

13A73107-72EC-424C-A828-6166BDF4A8E8.jpg

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
AlfaOBD because you can do so much more.

JamesEvan

Reaction score
AlfaOBD because you can do so much more.

Thanks will do some reading on it. Any footprint left behind by using AlphaODB AlfaOBD ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks will do some reading on it. Any footprint left behind by using AlphaODB?

No, not like a tuner would.

It's just making code settings changes (enable/disable, etc.) in the BCM.

Just don't try to change anything you're not comfortable doing and always 'Read System ID" and upload the BCM settings file to Google (Android) or save the log files on Windows.

jadmt

Reaction score
have you checked to see how far off your speedo is via a stand alone gps? When it comes to this kind of stuff I am a chicken that is one of the main reasons I went with the AEV snap. Leaves no trace behind. I know it only is able to make a few changes but it was all I needed. You might put a WTB ad up on a FB power wagon site as I see a few guys have sold and traded their PW so they may have returned their trucks back to stock. An AEV snap does marry to the vin so it has to be returned to stock via the AEV snap to allow it to work on another truck.

JamesEvan

Reaction score
have you checked to see how far off your speedo is via a stand alone gps? When it comes to this kind of stuff I am a chicken that is one of the main reasons I went with the AEV snap. Leaves no trace behind. I know it only is able to make a few changes but it was all I needed. You might put a WTB ad up on a FB power wagon site as I see a few guys have sold and traded their PW so they may have returned their trucks back to stock. An AEV snap does marry to the vin so it has to be returned to stock via the AEV snap to allow it to work on another truck.
Not on a standalone, but appear to be 5+mph off on speed signs. Not to opposed to trying AlphaODB AlfaOBD, looks like I can make the adjustment to the BCM + ABS reset and remove the security bypass cable. Just need to get a tablet + cable + MX+ and the app.

JamesEvan

Reaction score
@Brutal_HO Appreciate the assistance thus far, does AlphaOBD AlfaOBD have a BCM for a 2022 PW yet?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
@Brutal_HO Appreciate the assistance thus far, does AlphaOBD have a BCM for a 2022 PW yet?

MY2022 PowerNet is there.

BCM are not specific to models, just some settings can be.

I used the 2022 setting (requires Windows to override the BCM detection) to attempt to enable the trailer light check, but it didn't work.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
MY2022 PowerNet is there.

BCM are not specific to models, just some settings can be.

I used the 2022 setting (requires Windows to override the BCM detection) to attempt to enable the trailer light check, but it didn't work.
That would be a worthwhile endeavor! Too bad it didn't take.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
Not on a standalone, but appear to be 5+mph off on speed signs. Not to opposed to trying AlphaODB, looks like I can make the adjustment to the BCM + ABS reset and remove the security bypass cable. Just need to get a tablet + cable + MX+ and the app.
AlfaOBD is a very useful tool. Besides speedo and TPS, there are a lot of other items you can change. Small learning curve but definitely worth it IMO. If you have a Windows laptop you can use that too - just depends on what version you buy. You can also get the Windows version at half price if you already bought the Android.

JamesEvan

Reaction score
Anyone using AlphaOBD AlfaOBD to reset tire pressure threshold get the deer in headlights look from service dept when trying to get your PIN? I seem to get the shrug or the lightbulb of this is the tire size service contract offering that doesn't exist with 2022's and hit a dead end.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
Anyone using AlphaOBD to reset tire pressure threshold get the deer in headlights look from service dept when trying to get your PIN? I seem to get the shrug or the lightbulb of this is the tire size service contract offering that doesn't exist with 2022's and hit a dead end.
You don't need a PIN to change it with AlfaOBD. Unless 22s are different -- or I am misunderstanding your question. LOL

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone using AlphaOBD to reset tire pressure threshold get the deer in headlights look from service dept when trying to get your PIN? I seem to get the shrug or the lightbulb of this is the tire size service contract offering that doesn't exist with 2022's and hit a dead end.

No PIN required as there's no RF Hub reset required.

JamesEvan

Reaction score
You don't need a PIN to change it with AlfaOBD. Unless 22s are different -- or I am misunderstanding your question. LOL
Not missing anything I am just an AlphaOBD AlfaOBD newb. Appreciate the info.

PMHQ

Reaction score
New to the forum, just picked up a 2022 Hydro Blue PW and installed 37s with AEV Salta's. Looking to do a speedometer recal and after doing some research landed on AEV's Procal Snap, but unfortunately they aren't in stock and won't be for some time due to the chip shortage. Anyone else had success with other options (Hypertech, Diablo etc...)? Any concerns ( ex. shift points) I should have with running as is until AEV restocks?

View attachment 26694
I talked to CJC yesterday and they won't have the ProCal in until Late December or early January...I asked him if I run 37s will it mess up anything or change shift points etc...He said that these transmissions work on pressure/computer and the truck will have no issue with gear changes and it will be ok..The speedometer difference and TPMS lights are what we will have to put up with for a month or so. He said that the truck and its transmission will be fine. That made me feel better, and I will put on my wheels and tires ASAP...

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
I talked to CJC yesterday and they won't have the ProCal in until Late December or early January...I asked him if I run 37s will it mess up anything or change shift points etc...He said that these transmissions work on pressure/computer and the truck will have no issue with gear changes and it will be ok..The speedometer difference and TPMS lights are what we will have to put up with for a month or so. He said that the truck and its transmission will be fine. That made me feel better, and I will put on my wheels and tires ASAP...
I don’t know what he’s talking about but there is a big difference in shifting and shift points after cal. It won’t hurt the transmission but It will shift way better after you correct the tire size.

kumplocke

Reaction score
Used the tazer yesterday. Worked great! Also adjusted my tire pressures and fog light drop out. Installed and changed setting in like 30 min.

jadmt

Reaction score
I don’t know what he’s talking about but there is a big difference in shifting and shift points after cal. It won’t hurt the transmission but It will shift way better after you correct the tire size.
ditto I notice it with 35's so for sure would feel it on 37's.

PMHQ

Reaction score
Used the tazer yesterday. Worked great! Also adjusted my tire pressures and fog light drop out. Installed and changed setting in like 30 min.
What size tires are you running? I was reading on the website that they can only go to 35in tires? Is that true for the 2022s also?

Users who are viewing this thread