Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Special Order 2021 HO Cummins Dually Night Edition Mega

gimmie11s

Reaction score
Figured I'd create a page for the new truck. I ordered this truck through Phillip Olson at Bud Clary Ram in Auburn, WA. The process was positive from start to finish and we were able to lock in a great deal (about 14% off MSRP) on the truck especially considering the current environment as it pertains to new and used vehicles. Order to delivery took 7.5 weeks. We live in SoCal, so my wife and I flew ourselves and our kids up to Seattle on one-way tickets to pick up the truck and drive her home.

I was expecting a less than peaceful ride home being this is a 14k GVWR unloaded DRW vehicle, but that was not the case. The truck is equipped with air suspension and after setting rear tire pressures to 55 psi, it rode like a dream and everyone was very comfortable for the whole trip. The air bags near are completely deflated unloaded which is nice.

I plan a mild build on this truck and will use this page to document... Thinking of mud flaps, AMP boards, AMP bed step, front window tint, better factory-sized tires, hard bed cover, etc.

Last edited:

gimmie11s

Reaction score
Got Anderson hitch installed and also installed an AMP BedStep2. Turns out the "dually" bedstep2 is not made for a Mega cab so i had to rework it some but was able to get it to fit. It is a quality piece and turns out to be very useful!

Also have AMP powersteps on order.. it seems there are none in stock and have to be made. Supposed to ship next week so fingers crossed.

Deadrock

Reaction score
Congrats on the new truck!! What are you pulling with that thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gimmie11s

Reaction score
Congrats on the new truck!! What are you pulling with that thing?

Thank you much!

A 2019 Iconic toybox. Its 35' long and 14k lbs. loaded down. We have plans to go bigger so figured why not start preparing for that now? lol

Its surprising how easy this truck moves this trailer... I knew the truck would move it with authority, but wow... im super impressed!

Deadrock

Reaction score
Thank you much!

A 2019 Iconic toybox. Its 35' long and 14k lbs. loaded down. We have plans to go bigger so figured why not start preparing for that now? lol

Its surprising how easy this truck moves this trailer... I knew the truck would move it with authority, but wow... im super impressed!

Very nice!!

Gswain

Reaction score
For the Amp steps, I've had some on backorder since March. May be longer than you're thinking.

Gswain

Reaction score
Thank you!

Well crap. That's not good! I talked to their customer service today on chat and they said shipping this week. Now you have me worried...
Mine are the powerstep extreme with 2 motors so that may affect it. Summit is saying end of July currently.

gimmie11s

Reaction score
Mine are the powerstep extreme with 2 motors so that may affect it. Summit is saying end of July currently.

Yeah, i just bought the basic ones. I see there a several new sets on eBay with various sellers in stock so if mine dont ship this week, ill cancel the order and eBay them.

Jesus that’s a purty truck

Thank you sir!

gimmie11s

Reaction score

Turns out you're correct! No one has these damn steps and it appears they wont be in stock until mid July... or so Im told.

Ugh!!

Billcf7

Reaction score
Very nice truck. Love that colour. Myself I prefer the crew cab with the 8' box. Something about those short dually fenders

gimmie11s

Reaction score
Very nice truck. Love that colour. Myself I prefer the crew cab with the 8' box. Something about those short dually fenders

Thanks!

It's a unique configuration for sure... love or hate is usually the response i get haha... not many in between.

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
Man I wish they did the mega cap on the power wagons.

That's clean looking truck! Please don't ruin it with ugly gaudy wheels lol.

Users who are viewing this thread