Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sorry, terrible post for a forum!

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I know one should never post something this controversial on a forum, and I hoped I don’t get kicked off, but I just wanted to say at six months in, I LOVE MY TRUCK! It is one of my favorite vehicles I have ever owned.

Treading on thin ice.

:)

3.5 years and I'm very happy with my truck.

I still wish they could fix the FULL BRIGHT backup camera display.

Mikerob14

Reaction score
Treading on thin ice.

:)

3.5 years and I'm very happy with my truck.

I still wish they could fix the FULL BRIGHT backup camera display.
Yeah…. WTH is that all about. Two things I don’t like, and only two. The blinding screen that makes it really hard to back up a trailer at night, and the 3 horn honk. Otherwise, it’s a dream.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Still Love mine after 48 months

My truck snuck through the factory before the three honks became a thing.

Only things I would change is bigger fuel tank and less dash rattles.

unclelala

Reaction score
Love mine too , I open my front door to have a look at it at least 3 times a day for the last 2 years BUT I wish Ram could come to my house and complete the billion recalls in my driveway.

phatboy64

Reaction score
It took me a long time to try to find something I don’t like about my truck and I really can’t find anything but I do wish the 4.10s were an option when ordering a SRW 3500….it was on my 2004

batman900

Reaction score
One month in on my first RAM and I love it!!! Always been a Japanese vehicle guy but the 23 Tundra I had killed my brand loyalty. This RAM is SO much better in every way. I do wish for a telescoping steering wheel but I'll manage.

hondapro

Reaction score
I am 3 months in with my 23 Ram and I really like it. I came from the Superduty world and I am glad I made the switch.

Blythkd1

Reaction score
I've never had a Ram but nearly 2 years in, I like my 3500 CTD. No real issues, just the normal recalls which haven't bothered me any.

Same complaints, backing up blind at night and the dreaded 3 horn chirp BS. The 12" screen has been an issue but maybe an update came across that fixed some of its problems. I swear it seems like it's better than it used to be.

Darkone

Reaction score
Love my 21 3500 after 3 years. Does everything I need it too and the 50 gal tank is the berries except for the fill up

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
Had mine long enough to almost be out of warranty soo she’s getting closer to have a weight reduction …then she’ll be a runner. Overall it’s been a gooder but the offset shark fin drives me nuts. Also flabbergasted like others at the lack of telescoping steering , come on designers, you CAN use parts from the 1500!

Grey

Reaction score
Ive always had good experience with my Dodge trucks, Dakota way back, 2016 Big Horn, and now a fully loaded Power Wagon. No major issues along the road. Can't tell you how much time the ram box saves me, great item.

wrvond

Reaction score
I traded in a 2017 F350 DRW Lariat with 6.7L. Things I miss are the 8 foot bed, 50 gallon fuel tank, combination lock on the driver’s door, and telescoping steering wheel. The V8 is much more quiet and smoother than the I6. There were mods I had done, such as being able to make entries on the Nav while in motion- Ford’s Nav is better than Tom Tom as well.
There are things I like better in the new truck. Better fuel mileage, 1 quart less oil in the engine, the outside mirrors are superior to the old Ford’s as well. The mega cab is awesome. Storage inside the truck is much better. I wish my center console had the lids like the Limited but I’ll correct that soon enough. I’ll likely add the 50 gallon tank within the next year. I really like having the CP3 fuel pump instead of the very scary CP4!
That 24 foot long Ruby Red dually was an impressive truck. I actually had strangers stop to tell me what a good looking truck it was. I’ve not experienced that with this much smaller less flashy truck but that’s okay, I really bought it for me and I like it just fine.

UglyViking

Reaction score
Bought my leftover 2019 in July of 2020, so owned it 3.5 years. I've got some minor dislikes, but overall, I love the truck. Def still have mods to be done, but overall, no complaints.

Dave01

Reaction score
Love my '21. Drove around 45 minutes total locally this morning, 3 hours on the highway this afternoon. The comfort and ease of driving really make me happy with my choice. Like a luxury car but with tons of capability.

The usual negatives, gas tank too small, telescoping wheel would be welcome, not much else I can find fault with.

Jnrcarson

Reaction score
My daily driver is my 01 Tacoma 2wd. When I have the need to drive my 22 Ram ctd it always puts a smile on my face. Made several camping trips this summer pulling either the boat or 5er, farthest being about 6 hours from home. Almost 2 years in and I love my truck. Best vehicle I’ve ever bought. Yes it has its issues but they are overcome by what a great truck it is overall. Rides like a Cadi

4FishLimit

Reaction score
3 months in to owning my 2023 2500 CTD and I’m pretty happy.

There’s a few things/options I wish I had, but those are a more personal preference than anything.

Although the one thing I do wish was standard was a little larger fuel tank on the 2500s. My previous truck was a 2011 1500 with the optional 32 gallon tank. 36 or 38 gallons would be nice to have as the sole tank option in the 2500s.

Users who are viewing this thread