Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Software FCA-MY23.T27.46-PROD issues 8.4" screen

matemike

Reaction score
I have a 2022 Ram 2500 Laramie with the 8.4" Uconnect 5 radio
I was using software version MY22.S26.15. I previously had to manually update to get to that version to get my cargo camera working. (the truck was delivered without it working and dealership said my software was up to date, and they were wrong)(they wanted to replace my whole radio)Over the air updates were not coming in. I fixed it myself through help of members on here.
I never proceeded to software MY22.S26.17 because it was a huge file that supposedly took 45 minutes to update and some people were saying it had some issues. No idea what those were, but I liked my 26.15 just fine.

This morning I started my truck and immediately noticed the A/C comfort setting did not have the number in degrees anymore, but instead just had a red and blue line with a slide button as an icon. Turning the knob does adjust the temp of the air coming out, but I cannot see any movement, or general idea of what the setting is at, and most importantly, I cannot see the digital degree. I want that back.
I looked through my settings and see that I am suddenly at software version MY23.T27.46-PROD. I did not update this myself nor has my truck been to the dealership. (I hate that place). I must have gotten an over-the -air update. I've compiled a list of my dislikes that I've come across in my 70 miles of driving today.

1. The A/C degree read out is missing. It's just a slide bar on a tiny red and blue line now.
1.2 The ac slide control does not move when I turn the temperature knob. The ac slide button does not work with touching the arrows up or down on the screen. it has to be slid with your finger up and down and it slides way too fast. (no precise control)
2. The comfort settings no longer have a passenger temp setting or option to sync with driver. I have not had a passenger ride with me since the ota update, so maybe that would indicate to the comfort settings to allow passenger temp setting.?
3. The vehicle settings page now only has the power step button, the cargo camera button and the rear view camera button. The offroad pages button has become a tab at the top of the screen.
4. The offroad pages, gauge cluster no longer has the trans temperature gauge.

@Jimmy07 I'm looking for any help or insight you might have about this dumb new software version T27.46. I really appreciate any and all help in advance.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
I have a 2022 Ram 2500 Laramie with the 8.4" Uconnect 5 radio
I was using software version MY22.S26.15. I previously had to manually update to get to that version to get my cargo camera working. (the truck was delivered without it working and dealership said my software was up to date, and they were wrong)(they wanted to replace my whole radio)Over the air updates were not coming in. I fixed it myself through help of members on here.
I never proceeded to software MY22.S26.17 because it was a huge file that supposedly took 45 minutes to update and some people were saying it had some issues. No idea what those were, but I liked my 26.15 just fine.

This morning I started my truck and immediately noticed the A/C comfort setting did not have the number in degrees anymore, but instead just had a red and blue line with a slide button as an icon. Turning the knob does adjust the temp of the air coming out, but I cannot see any movement, or general idea of what the setting is at, and most importantly, I cannot see the digital degree. I want that back.
I looked through my settings and see that I am suddenly at software version MY23.T27.46-PROD. I did not update this myself nor has my truck been to the dealership. (I hate that place). I must have gotten an over-the -air update. I've compiled a list of my dislikes that I've come across in my 70 miles of driving today.

1. The A/C degree read out is missing. It's just a slide bar on a tiny red and blue line now.
1.2 The ac slide control does not move when I turn the temperature knob. The ac slide button does not work with touching the arrows up or down on the screen. it has to be slid with your finger up and down and it slides way too fast. (no precise control)
2. The comfort settings no longer have a passenger temp setting or option to sync with driver. I have not had a passenger ride with me since the ota update, so maybe that would indicate to the comfort settings to allow passenger temp setting.?
3. The vehicle settings page now only has the power step button, the cargo camera button and the rear view camera button. The offroad pages button has become a tab at the top of the screen.
4. The offroad pages, gauge cluster no longer has the trans temperature gauge.

@Jimmy07 I'm looking for any help or insight you might have about this dumb new software version T27.46. I really appreciate any and all help in advance.

matemike

Reaction score
Sweet, You are da MAN Jimmy! Worked perfectly, but I only had to reset it once.

why couldn't anyone at the dealership or Uconnect when I called tell me to try that?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread