Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Snow chief group.

cmac7203

Reaction score
Looks like I’ll be buying a bunch of T10 LED “bulbs”!

Bombo

Reaction score
Looks like I’ll be buying a bunch of T10 LED “bulbs”!

Are these the bulbs that fire in the cab lights? I saw someone who swapped theirs out to a bright white. Looked awesome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cmac7203

Reaction score
Are these the bulbs that fire in the cab lights? I saw someone who swapped theirs out to a bright white. Looked awesome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes. Make sure to get CANBUS T10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blazin383

Reaction score
So does the Snow Chief package always come with the 18" tires/wheels?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
So does the Snow Chief package always come with the 18" tires/wheels?

Not if the truck is optioned with 20" wheels like the Limited stock offering. Selecting it did not change out the 20". Unsure on the other trim levels.

Also doesn't change the tires on those 20's.

Blazin383

Reaction score
Not if the truck is optioned with 20" wheels like the Limited stock offering. Selecting it did not change out the 20". Unsure on the other trim levels.

Also doesn't change the tires on those 20's.
Whew! Glad to hear that! I really don’t want the 18” wheels, but the window sticker under Optional Equipment said “May Replace Standard Equipment”, so I was a little concerned that the Snow Chief Group at only $245 might take away the 20” wheels.

Blazin383

Reaction score
Whew! Glad to hear that! I really don’t want the 18” wheels, but the window sticker under Optional Equipment said “May Replace Standard Equipment”, so I was a little concerned that the Snow Chief Group at only $245 might take away the 20” wheels.
Window sticker also says under Standard Equipment... “(Unless Replaced by Optional Equipment”. However, under the Snow Chief Group it lists “instrument a Panel Aux Switches” and “Transfer Case Skid Plate”, and nothing else.

heg1211

Reaction score
ordered the same package, ad freaked out because "clearance lamps" are not showing on the window sticker, only shows the snow chief group... dual alternator charged me another 220 btw.. not sure if you guys did too
So curious did you get the clearance lamps even though it wasn't listed on window sticker?

just James

Reaction score
Seems like I read somewhere that a particular leveling kit wouldn't work with the snow chief package. That would imply that something is different with the front suspension. Heavier springs maybe?

Chopperno1

Reaction score
Seems like I read somewhere that a particular leveling kit wouldn't work with the snow chief package. That would imply that something is different with the front suspension. Heavier springs maybe?
On mine with the Snow Chief package it states 6,000# Front Axle,
* Heavy Duty Suspension
* Front Heavy Duty Shock Absorbers
* Rear Heavy Duty Shock Absorbers
* Front Stabilizer Bar
Is that the same for all?

Last edited:

just James

Reaction score
Do the trucks with the snow chief package sit higher in the front than the ones without it?

RichM752

Reaction score
I believe the limited slip rear differtial is also included with the snow chief package.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Yes they do i checked my 2500 to my neighbors 3500 and my front is 1.5” higher measuring at the fenders he does not have any plow package and i have the snow chief

Wmhjr

Reaction score
Yes they do i checked my 2500 to my neighbors 3500 and my front is 1.5” higher measuring at the fenders he does not have any plow package and i have the snow chief
Nope.

Something else is going on. Here is exactly what the Snow Chief Package includes on a 2020 2500 6.7....

Snow Chief Group $845
Anti–Spin Differential Rear Axle
Instrument Panel Mounted Auxiliary Switches Clearance Lamps
LT275/70R18E OWL On/Off–Road Tires Transfer Case Skid Plate Shield
220–Amp Alternator

That's it. No suspension changes. That is directly word for word off of my sticker. Maybe if it's on a 6.4 rather than a diesel, it's different. Don't know about that. But my 2500 is exactly the same height is a buddys 2500 6.7 without the package.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Nope.

Something else is going on. Here is exactly what the Snow Chief Package includes on a 2020 2500 6.7....

Snow Chief Group $845
Anti–Spin Differential Rear Axle
Instrument Panel Mounted Auxiliary Switches Clearance Lamps
LT275/70R18E OWL On/Off–Road Tires Transfer Case Skid Plate Shield
220–Amp Alternator

That's it. No suspension changes. That is directly word for word off of my sticker. Maybe if it's on a 6.4 rather than a diesel, it's different. Don't know about that. But my 2500 is exactly the same height is a buddys 2500 6.7 without the package.
I have the diesel he has a 6.4 i also have the offroad package.... they dont always list everything on the sticker and the springs for a non snow chief vs a snow chief are different part number

Wmhjr

Reaction score
I have the diesel he has a 6.4 i also have the offroad package.... they dont always list everything on the sticker and the springs for a non snow chief vs a snow chief are different part number

I think it's the off-road package that is changing your height. Not snow chief.

abillerbeck

Reaction score
When I ordered my truck there was the snow chief package and a heavy duty snow plow prep package... neither of those say anything about suspension on the RAM site, but I would guess that if there was going to be a suspension change it would come via the heavy duty snow plow prep package?

Users who are viewing this thread