Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Snow chief group.

Gable

Reaction score
Snow Chief Group $645

INCLUDES:

220 Amp Alternator
Anti-Spin Differential
Instrument Panel Mounted Auxiliary Switches
Clearance Lamps
Transfer Skid Plate

Zrojas

Reaction score
It also adds the on/off road tires, they still aren't great tires, but they are slightly better than the highway tires. It combines a lot of individual options. When I ordered my truck, it was the only way to get those tires too.

jpaeth

Reaction score
What is the clearance lights for?
The clearance lights serve mainly to increase visibility to other drivers on the road. Personally, I think they look good, which is why I added them. I added the snow chief group to my truck when I ordered it since it has all the options I wanted to add (Clearance lamps, 220Amp Alternator, transfer plate skid plate, Aux switches) and saved me around $200 if i remember correctly from selecting those options individually.
I really like the way my truck looks with my trailer hooked up and the clearance lamps lit up on the truck and trailer... looks like a big rig. And there's NO WAY someone wont see me coming a mile away. Which, when you are over 50' of truck and trailer rolling down the road is what you want.

jpaeth

Reaction score
What do you want the 220 alternator for?
Well to be fair, that was an option I didn't really care about. I wanted the clearance lights, aux switches, and skid plate. The snow chief group was cheaper than adding those three options on their own so I guess i got the 220 amp alt as a bonus.

MEZZ2006

Reaction score
The 220amp alternator is needed to keep up with the power demand of running a pump on a plow to prevent lighting dimming. It provides additional battery charging for high load applications such as a winch, non led lighting, pumps, etc.

jared43758

Reaction score
All I understand what’ it’s used for. Just didn’t figure he had any extra power drawers, so wondered what the benefit was. But he explained it was just a bonus

leo319

Reaction score
ordered the same package, ad freaked out because "clearance lamps" are not showing on the window sticker, only shows the snow chief group... dual alternator charged me another 220 btw.. not sure if you guys did too

Burn'n Oil

It's a metaphor!
Reaction score
What do you want the 220 alternator for?
Even without other equipment, the 220A alternator is beneficial to those of us who reside in places where it gets ugly cold. Grid heater operation taxes the electrical system/batteries and the big alternator helps to limit the drain on the batteries. Some even advocate for dual alternator systems for trucks operating in cold climates.

slimchance

Reaction score
Snow Chief Group $645

INCLUDES:

220 Amp Alternator
Anti-Spin Differential
Instrument Panel Mounted Auxiliary Switches
Clearance Lamps
Transfer Skid Plate
i have the group BUT do NOT have the ....Instrument Panel Mounted Auxiliary Switches, Transfer Skid Plate or off rod tires .. other options seem to have deleted these three but not the price ($645)

slimchance

Reaction score
already have those sheets ... here is the build sheet and window sticker ..... i reviewed them and it seems i have the
Heavy–Duty Snow Plow Prep Group $195
220–Amp Alternator
LT285/60R20E OWL On/Off–Road Tires
Transfer Case Skid Plate (looked but can not see it, will have to ask the dealer to show it to me)

Attachments

• 2019 ram 2500 my trk BuildSheetServlet.pdf
    9.5 KB · Views: 32
  • ram 2500 window sticker.pdf
    87.2 KB · Views: 23

Zrojas

Reaction score
so it looks like i do not have the
Snow Chief Group $645
i have the "Heavy–Duty Snow Plow Prep Group $195 "
and it looks like the difference is $450 cheaper and NO
The prices of the packages seem to change based on engine. The 220A alternator is standard in the Cummins configurations which is why the prices are different. These are the current prices in the 2019 and 2020 build and price tools.

Heavy Duty Snow Plow Prep:
$195 Hemi/$100 Cummins
- transfer case skid plate shield ($95 as separate option)
- 220A Alternator ($100 as a separate option)

Snow Chief:
$545 Hemi/$445 Cummins
- transfer case skid plate shield
- 220A Alternator
- instrument panel mounted auxiliary switches ($145 as a separate option)
-clearance lamps ($95 as separate option)
-On/off road tires ($295 as a separate option)

You are saving $185 Hemi/$190 Cummins by selecting the Snow Chief group over adding the additional options separately.

That is of course if you want everything included in Snow Chief Group.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread