Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sliding Rear Window

dirtman5

Reaction score
My 2022 2500 Laramie sliding rear window whistles pulling my fifth wheel camper. My dealer says they can't be adjusted, my response was I can't believe all these owners listen to this noise all day driving. So, anyone out there had an issue, and what was done.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
My 2022 2500 Laramie sliding rear window whistles pulling my fifth wheel camper. My dealer says they can't be adjusted, my response was I can't believe all these owners listen to this noise all day driving. So, anyone out there had an issue, and what was done.
I don't have a whistle so if it cant be adjusted it needs to be replaced

Jnrcarson

Reaction score
No whistle here. My truck is actually surprisingly quiet going down the road

DellaRed

Reaction score
No whistle but the stupid sliding window is not built to be operated. If it is used the gasket gets all bunched up and ruined! I hate the sliding window.

Mike67

Reaction score
You ever get this replaced? I don't have a whistle, but mine sticks from one of the seals moving along with the sliding window. Dealer says no way to fix the sliding window seal so the entire window needs to be replaced. Currently on order and covered under warranty. Possible seal moving causing your whistle as well?

whitexc

Reaction score
No whistle but the stupid sliding window is not built to be operated. If it is used the gasket gets all bunched up and ruined! I hate the sliding window.
Sounds like yours has issues as well. I like my lil window. It works well and has been quiet so far.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Bigdodge

Reaction score
The sliding window seals can be replaced. I just did mine last summer. They are just double sided taped on

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

kristof

Reaction score
One time the gasket on my sliding window fold over. But it didn't make any sounds. See if it close all the way.

jetrinka

Reaction score
Mine has never whistled. I never use it either though.

Users who are viewing this thread