Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sliding Rear Window Noise

goodoldcbcjohn

Reaction score
When opening the rear sliding window I get a grinding noise and when closing the window it moves extremely slow like it doesn’t want to close. Anyone else had this problem and if so what did they end up doing to correct it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Will_T

Reaction score
On my old truck with manual window this happened a few times. Gritty grinding noise and harder to close. I just had to clean the track so that might be a first place to check.

Rooster Bob

Reaction score
When opening the rear sliding window I get a grinding noise and when closing the window it moves extremely slow like it doesn’t want to close. Anyone else had this problem and if so what did they end up doing to correct it?

I'm having the exact same problem to the point where if I open the rear glass all the way the motor can't reclose it without my help... - Did you ever solve this?

GRam2500

Reaction score
Mine would open 1/2 way fine and then barely moved to all the way open while making noise. They just replaced the whole rear window under warranty.

goodoldcbcjohn

Reaction score
I'm having the exact same problem to the point where if I open the rear glass all the way the motor can't reclose it without my help... - Did you ever solve this?

Mine ended up getting fixed by the dealer. They said there is a piece of trim behind the seat that came loose and was causing the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread