Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SiriusXM radio preset issue work around

Wichita Dave

Reaction score
My truck is a 2022 RAM 2500 Big Horn level C equipment package. Uconnect 5 8.4 inch, no memory seats.

The dealer opened a STAR case for the preset issue but I don't think there has been any over the air update.

This has been my experience and no one at RAM or SiriusXM has helped determine this.
I began investigating this after I saw a post on this forum about the subject configuration.

The radio has a configuration that needs to be turned off.

Vehicle Settings > SiriusXM Setup > SiriusXM Account, Profiles & Settings Uncheck the "Tune Start" checkbox.
My Sirius presets are holding while the checkbox is disabled (unchecked).

I have a streaming plan. I use a Roku app, a web browser and a phone app. Each of them has an application setting where I can turn "Tune Start" off. Disable it in any of the apps and you will see it off in all the apps.
It is an account level configuration.
I don't think the user interface on the truck radio even though you can uncheck the box pushes the config back up to the account server.

I also think that the configuration may be cached on the satellite because after I turned it off it kept resetting itself on the truck.

But it finally has stopped resetting itself and now my presets remain. My online request for a radio refresh may have forced a cache update on the satellite?

mkmsr

Reaction score
I will have to try this. I had just given up and figured it was a typical MOPAR electrical issue like the last 50 years has been. It's really the only issue I have with my truck but since I only listen to 3 xm channels it's never been a big deal.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Riddick

Reaction score
I think RAM finally fixed the issue. I have not had my presets reset or my theme reset in over a month.

Leadchuncker

Reaction score
Mine will hold a preset station for only 4 days then they vanish. Has been doing this since I got the truck in august. Was hoping someone had an answer but it’s not looking good.

TW720HVY

Reaction score
Glad to know I am not alone.

This just started after I disconnected the batteries to install the Banks Peddle Monster, and since then there's 6 presets that revert back to the same random stations FM and SAT.

I thought it had something to with the Banks Peddle Monster being plugged into the the OBD-II port, which really did not make sense at all.

I will go into the setting and look at what boxes are checked and which boxes are not.

earthrocker83

Reaction score
I don't think I'd bother. Depending the software version you have you most likely need to update the Uconnect. This tech bulletin has the info and latest update. I took mine to the dealer last week and they said there was a recall out for this reason.

Good luck.
JP

TW720HVY

Reaction score
I don't think I'd bother. Depending the software version you have you most likely need to update the Uconnect. This tech bulletin has the info and latest update. I took mine to the dealer last week and they said there was a recall out for this reason.

Good luck.
JP

Thank you for the link and information. It appears to be a long list of radio issues.

Wichita Dave

Reaction score
Glad to know I am not alone.

This just started after I disconnected the batteries to install the Banks Peddle Monster, and since then there's 6 presets that revert back to the same random stations FM and SAT.

I thought it had something to with the Banks Peddle Monster being plugged into the the OBD-II port, which really did not make sense at all.

I will go into the setting and look at what boxes are checked and which boxes are not.
My presets remain until the Sirius XM tune start checkbox resets and it does it by itself for a reason I can't figure out

TW720HVY

Reaction score
What exactly is the function of the "tune start"?

mountainears

Reaction score
One of the best features of SiriusXM. If you have that on AND you sync your SirusXM favorite stations (you have to logon to your SXM account from UConnect). With your SXM favorites and presets, when you jump from preset/favorite to the next one it will start from the beginning of the song playing on that station (as long as it has been on long enough to cache some of the music).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread