Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sirius XM Stops Working

dlakeman

Reaction score
I have a 2022 RAM 2500 Big Horn, with 5000 miles on it. So far Sirius XM has stopped working twice. I took my truck to the dealer the first time. Took a couple hours for the "electronics guy" to update the software, so I was told. Sirius stopped working again last week. I have an appointment at the dealer this Friday.

Has anyone experienced this issue?

Jeff1759

Reaction score
I don't have Sirius XM in the truck, but have had a standalone radio in my car for years. It loses the signal sometimes, especially in certain areas where I suspect a bank or a business uses some kind of signal that interferes, but not sure that would be your case with the OEM radio/antenna.
My standalone self updates and there is silence when it is doing so.

Riddick

Reaction score
Are you getting a "Sat Antenna Error"? I received this error once on my 22, once I performed a system reset everything has been working as advertised.

dlakeman

Reaction score
I don't have Sirius XM in the truck, but have had a standalone radio in my car for years. It loses the signal sometimes, especially in certain areas where I suspect a bank or a business uses some kind of signal that interferes, but not sure that would be your case with the OEM radio/antenna.
My standalone self updates and there is silence when it is doing so.
Thanks Jeff. My problem is no signal on any channel in any location. Radio is stuck on channel to which I was last listening, and without a signal/sound. Clearly a truck software problem as updating the truck software fixed the problem when it first happened. I don't want to have to go to the dealer (two States away) to have the truck software updated every time Sirius doesn't work. I'm looking for a permanent fix.

dlakeman

Reaction score
Pay your bill
I'm a new Forum member. Is this the type of stupid response I can expect on this Forum. Does 2500Helena think I'm an idiot? I've broken one of my cardinal rules. "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything."

dlakeman

Reaction score
Are you getting a "Sat Antenna Error"? I received this error once on my 22, once I performed a system reset everything has been working as advertised.
Not receiving a "Sat Antenna Error". I've been to the dealer for a second time. Dealer said if I lose Sirius again, they'll order a new radio.

Gear box

Reaction score
I would unhook the battery for a complete power reset. Turn headlights on while disconnected.

Eatonpcat

Reaction score
I'm a new Forum member. Is this the type of stupid response I can expect on this Forum. Does 2500Helena think I'm an idiot? I've broken one of my cardinal rules. "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything."

Just a little joke!

Users who are viewing this thread