Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sirius XM radio on the 2019 Ram 2500 HD diesel

bnmyster

Reaction score
Hi everyone, In my vehicle I have the Uconnect 3 with a 5" display Radio. Now in my build sheet it says that I have the "Fin antenna" and the GPS antenna, yet I can't find on the radio setting option for the Sirius XM. Now did the factory installed a GPS antenna so I can upgrade later to a NAV system and the sirius XM radio Or its there but according to the owner manual its the last option in the setting but I don't see it. The last option in my setting is something like " delete personal ...... Which I'm not sure what its for as I don't want to erase something later. Bought the truck used so I have to realy on online manuals.

steve49

Reaction score
I think the fin and puck on the roof are standard on all the models, with the Ucconnect 3 the dealer have to program the truck for the NAV and maybe so with XM. My 2019 has the 8.4 radio and had the XM, dealer said they could activate the NAV feature to it for $400-500. I opted to go with my Garmin RV model with the free map updates four times a year, where Ram was charging $125 for an update. Since I listen to XM all the time in the house, garage, toyhauler trailer, and Polaris side by side, I have one of the small portable control heads with home and vehicle kits. I can move the head around, plus one monthly bill rather than multiple radio bills.

bnmyster

Reaction score
I think the fin and puck on the roof are standard on all the models, with the Ucconnect 3 the dealer have to program the truck for the NAV and maybe so with XM. My 2019 has the 8.4 radio and had the XM, dealer said they could activate the NAV feature to it for $400-500. I opted to go with my Garmin RV model with the free map updates four times a year, where Ram was charging $125 for an update. Since I listen to XM all the time in the house, garage, toyhauler trailer, and Polaris side by side, I have one of the small portable control heads with home and vehicle kits. I can move the head around, plus one monthly bill rather than multiple radio bills.
Wow, didn't even think of that. I can actually activate my phone Sirius XM app and stream it through the car. This way I can do what you do but without the extra gear, just use my phone. Thank you.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score

2017 was the last year you could activate NAV, now it requires a hardware upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread