Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Side steps/Nerf bars, etc.

feet of lead

Reaction score
Most of these running boards are made for the Club Cab or Mega Cab. I have a standard cab with 8 foot bed so there are very few running boards out there. I prefer a real flat running board versus the tube type. I also have the chrome package so I would like polished stainless. The only one's I can find are the APS brand 5" running boards. There are no specific instructions available online and the advertisements state drilling maybe required. That is an invitation for future rust. Does anyone have a source to find if these would be direct bolt on or will require new holes?

ozark_angler

Reaction score
Finally got my running boards 2 weeks after I ordered them. Can someone with GoRhino boards tell me how the mounting brackets are supposed to be oriented? They make no differentiation between left and right. And two of the brackets have bends in the arm, where are those positioned? Their instructions are severely lacking.

Thank you in advance

ozark_angler

Reaction score
Got them installed! Really like how solid they feel and how they go with the style and appearance of the truck.

The only real issue I had was the orientation and positioning of the brackets. According to the manufacturer this is a new style of bracket so the customer service people didn't know exactly what they looked like. Fortunately one of their customer service reps was extremely helpful getting it all sorted.

Attachments

• 20240209_160256.jpg
    20240209_160256.jpg
    288.5 KB · Views: 53
  • 20240209_160159.jpg
    20240209_160159.jpg
    259.3 KB · Views: 52
  • 20240209_154339.jpg
    20240209_154339.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 53

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
Anyone recommend a decent running board for the mega cab that’s wheel to wheel? Something similar to stock that doesn’t stick out too far. I don’t want anything sharp since I hate smacking my shins on them when buckling car seats lol

99ls1tj

Reaction score
Went with the RB20 slims with the bedliner option since they were having a decent sale on their site. Hoping they'll be here by the end of the week!
Do the slims seem like enough of a step? My wife is 5'2" and 60yo. I'm wondering if the slims will work for her.

ozark_angler

Reaction score
My wife is 5'3" and she likes them. She said they could be a touch lower but width isn't a problem.

I will add that the bedliner option gives them a nice grippy texture that gives you confidence when you step that your foot won't slip. Can't tell you how many times I stepped up on the flat boards on my old truck when it's wet/icy and my foot would slip and I'd end up kicking the bottom of the door with my shin

With that being said, my only real concern with these boards is that they only coat the top and sides of the boards with bedliner, but the underside is still just plain textured powdercoat that will be exposed to salt and rocks (and will ultimately chip and rust).
Hope that helps!

Pasta4lnch

Reaction score
Oh - never thought about coating them w Line X! There's a place near me, I've had stuff coated before. Not too $$... something to think about.

ozark_angler

Reaction score
yep - I asked the Line-X by me how much they charge and IIRC the guy quoted me $300 to coat any steps I bring in. Go Rhino offers the bedliner option for an extra $200

Pasta4lnch

Reaction score
yep - I asked the Line-X by me how much they charge and IIRC the guy quoted me $300 to coat any steps I bring in. Go Rhino offers the bedliner option for an extra $200
Thats great! Never thought to do that. The Tyger steps I have, I also had on my 1500 for about 3 years. The finish held up nicely except for the drivers step (makes sense) and I used to hit it with a spray paint every few weeks. But the bed liner would be better, work better and probably look better too...

deanfx

Reaction score
For you guys that have installed Go Rhino RB20's, my truck has factory steps that I'm gonna change. So it has revnuts installed. Is this going to be an issue?

roybell

Reaction score
Does anyone make wheel-to-wheel steps for a '24 regular cab AND bed access? The only one I can find are N-Fab for 2002-2009 trucks.

Users who are viewing this thread