Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Side steps/Nerf bars, etc.

JustinHEMI

Reaction score
What's everyone running for side steps/running boards/Nerf bars?

I like the looks of the hoop style.

Any pics on the 19s?

hutchman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm running factory chrome side steps from an 18...they fit fine. I had a set of amp steps that were supposed to fit but didn't. Apparently the step motor was in the spot occupied by the new NVH reducer on the 19 392 models. Amp says they will fit a diesel model as they do not have the same NVH reducer that the 392 hss.

Stavo

Reaction score
Anyone running powered steps on crew cab 6'4" bed? Thoughts/recommendations? Leaning towards the RBP steps over the Amp Research just b/c of the dual sealed motors and they look to lower a bit further than the Amp. Also, not a huge fan of using the OBD port. GF has a say on this one and appearance is also important so any pictures of them installed on member trucks would be a huge help.

These will be going on a Blue Streak PW. I'm liking the power step option to keep the ground clearance as I've bent a few tube steps...

Other thoughts, opinions or options also appreciated.

JustinHEMI

Reaction score
I went ahead and ordered the Rough Country mentioned above. I can't wait, thanks!

Distillusion

Reaction score
I have the N-fab standard nerf steps on my 1500, and I've been very happy with them.

They look a LOT like the Rough Country model in @Nordic28 's post above.

The wife likes a slightly larger step platform, though. So for my 2500, I'm considering the N-Fab "Podium" hoop style steps:

But I think I like N-Fab's EpYx style even more: (Yes, I've been really happy with N-fab and can't find a reason to switch brands at the moment.)

Stavo

Reaction score
I can tell you as of now, the RBP Stealth Power steps for the 2019 2500 CC (RBP-217-SP Fitment: 2010-2019 RAM 2500/3500/4500/5500 CREW CAB ( ALSO FITS: Mega Cab ))
do not fit. The front driver's side motor hits the vibration dampener mounted to the frame and there is no room to sneak it in. Waiting to hear back from RBP if there is a solution.
FWIW - I found out that the dual motor version of the Amp Research has the same problem.

Javelina

Reaction score
Any info regarding steps/boards that will fit a mega cab? Seems to not be many options right now and some websites/brands seem to be give conflicting info on fit. Looking at adding board type or a nerf style with platform steps (non hoop).

Cely1932

Reaction score
I can tell you as of now, the RBP Stealth Power steps for the 2019 2500 CC (RBP-217-SP Fitment: 2010-2019 RAM 2500/3500/4500/5500 CREW CAB ( ALSO FITS: Mega Cab ))
do not fit. The front driver's side motor hits the vibration dampener mounted to the frame and there is no room to sneak it in. Waiting to hear back from RBP if there is a solution.
FWIW - I found out that the dual motor version of the Amp Research has the same problem.
Did you ever get a response from RBP on this? I just discovered this today while attempting the install. Going to have to wait until monday at this point to see what they have to say. I believe the front right & left mounts need to be swapped to the opposite sides and the motor clocked different to fit under the body mount.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
same here. had to wait almost 3wks to get them in. was really happy
when i finally got them installed.

69373384_10220701578472313_3275884252306079744_n.jpg

AndyS

Reaction score
I also went with the Luvernes. Very happy with them!

Attachments

• IMG_9462.JPG
    IMG_9462.JPG
    621.2 KB · Views: 348

Cely1932

Reaction score
Through the shop i bought my RBP stealth running boards thru, we had a 2 day pow-wow with RBP on the fittment problems on the 2019 HD trucks. They are aware of the problem, however it doesn't affect all of the trucks. Apparently some models do not have the electronic canisters on them. Maybe the more base models. I don't know. They are working on a relocation bracket for the canister. In the meantime, they are having customers move the canister to the rear by using the rearmost 2 of the 4 bolt pattern & attaching the front 2 of the canister holes to them. I am not fond of that idea, although it may work just fine. They are allowing me to attemt to swap the front right & left brackets for each other and re-clock the motor 72 degrees so it clears the body mount. It took me about 20 minutes to re-clock each motor & they clear perfectly. I will finish the install this Saturday and verify all is working correctly.

Cely1932

Reaction score
I was successful in installing the RBP running boards today. The re-clocked front motors (after swapping mounts from left to right) have about 3/8 to 1/2 in clearance to the body mounts.

Users who are viewing this thread