Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should I buy a Winter Front Grille-Cover?

2001WS6

Reaction score
I apologize for the noob question, but this is my first diesel.

I have a 2021 3500 HO. I thought I read that the truck has automatic shutters?
If it does, is there a need for a front cover?
I dont usually see temps below 10 degrees.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
you don't need it. the shutters will close up the front when required. I've started mine cold, below zero, and it fired right up. I even skipped the grid heater cycle.

2001WS6

Reaction score
you don't need it. the shutters will close up the front when required. I've started mine cold, below zero, and it fired right up. I even skipped the grid heater cycle.

Awesome! One less thing to worry about.

Thank you for the info. :cool:

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I apologize for the noob question, but this is my first diesel.

I have a 2021 3500 HO. I thought I read that the truck has automatic shutters?
If it does, is there a need for a front cover?
I dont usually see temps below 10 degrees.
If you dont see much cold dont worry about it i have mine on already as when it gets to -40 you can have egr issues if the truck does not reach temp…. After i delete the truck i wont be running it anymore

regal2800

Reaction score
If you dont see much cold dont worry about it i have mine on already as when it gets to -40 you can have egr issues if the truck does not reach temp…. After i delete the truck i wont be running it anymore
Isn’t the shutters enough though? The shutters are essentially doing the same thing as the grill cover

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Isn’t the shutters enough though? The shutters are essentially doing the same thing as the grill cover
Not exactly the covers also get the intercooler and the shutters wont work with slush and ice in them

Users who are viewing this thread