Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shipping TBA

steveA

Reaction score
Any help on this would be great. I ordered a 2500 on January 5th, according to the tracker the truck was built on Feb. 2. there is a ship date of March 23th. Does anyone have any idea of the long wait time on delivery ? thanks for any help this is kind of getting to me on the long wait. Does this mean that the truck is still in mexico waiting ? thanks

Last edited:

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score

Tater86

Reaction score
Mine took over a month to ship out from Mexico after it was built and then another month from the time it was shipped until it got to the dealer. I would check out the thread below and read the stories of others and their shipping time. The wait time is all a wild guess and there is no exact science to it.

IndyRamMega

Reaction score
Mine traveled for 2 months....it'll get to the closest train yard then sit there for 2 weeks waiting on a truck to take to dealer....

steveA

Reaction score
thanks for the info I have a hard time getting anything from the dealership .

Kauffmj1

Reaction score
My dealer was of zero help as well. Mine showed built 2/25 and according to BRV10, its on a rail car and my tracker updated to March 27 for delivery now. However, the tracker is less than reliable and some folks blow through statuses while others get stuck in spot for weeks or months. Is your tracker showing it built but not shipped yet? Any idea if its totally complete or offsite for vendor installs like the bedliner, steps, tonneau, etc?

steveA

Reaction score
Mine shows a built date of 2/2 and a ship date of 3/27 , this is my first ram pick up but this wait time seems a little much ?

Kauffmj1

Reaction score
Mine shows a built date of 2/2 and a ship date of 3/27 , this is my first ram pick up but this wait time seems a little much ?
Hang around this forum for awhile and you'll find there seems to be little logic in when trucks move through different phases. Your truck could show built but also be stuck offsite in JB status if you have any 3rd party accessories being installed like a bedliner, steps or tonneau cover. There are a couple guys on here that have been stuck there for weeks while others like mine seem to breeze through it. Or it could be done fully and just sort of stuck in train car loading limbo as they wait for enough trucks to fill a rail car to your region of the country. From what I've read on here, the transportation phase after being built is where things go dark for a lot of guys.

steveA

Reaction score
Thanks for the info , Maybe its just the roll of the dice and hopefully it does not come up snake eyes.

Kauffmj1

Reaction score
Given you've been stuck there for almost a month, you may want to go in one of 2023 tracking threads and ping user BRV10. He has the inside scoop and can tell you exactly where your truck is and what status its in. He gets a lot of those requests, so it may take a few days for him to get back to you in the thread. He's been super helpful for a lot of us that feel like our trucks fell between the cracks at the plant.

He will need your VON (vehicle order number) and VIN to look it up. Put that in the request.

Twinklan

Reaction score
Ordered my 2500 on January 5th, and the anticipation is real. According to the tracker, it's built and set to ship on March 23rd – the countdown is ON!

Anyone been through this drill and can share their wisdom on delivery wait times? Is my truck soaking up the sun in Mexico or en route already? The suspense is killing me!

P.S. Found this link on auto transport – might be handy for anyone in the same boat https://www.a1autotransport.com/500-auto-transport-finding-affordable-shippers/ .

Users who are viewing this thread