Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shining a Spotlight on Essential Workers #WorkForHome

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
As Ram truck owners, you know better than anyone that your truck is one of the toughest vehicles on the road. While many of us are remaining inside, we have a strong feeling that a lot of our Ram family members are still out there using their trucks to provide support to those at the front lines, or even using their truck to get to that front line battle safely.

With that, we wanted to reach out and let a light shine on those of you who are considered essential workers. We would love to hear from you and learn about the ways in which your truck is supporting you (as you support others) in this time of crisis. Further than that, we wanted to create a clean thread for people to have the opportunity to drop a line of gratitude to those front line workers who do pop in here to share their story.

Thank you all for making this community so strong!

-Ram Cares

Shine006

Reaction score
I work OR Materials at UK hospital here in Kentucky. Our hours are very long at the moment distributing supplies and ppe to our direct care providers. This summer I purchased my dream truck. Growing up on the farm we always had Ram 2500’s. This summer I got my 2019 Ram 2500 Cummins Turbo Deisel. Always wanted a Cummins. I love this truck and never thought I could afford. Everyday I wake up knowing what I am about to walk into and that my day is going to long, but I also know the joy I get every time I drive my vehicle. My truck helps me not just in getting to work but also to make it through the day knowing again I am going to love the hour drive home in my dream truck.
Thank you to all those working Healthcare and on our frontline. I know our work is long, hard and sad. I hope you all have that l9ght at the end of the day that I do in my Ram.

ClawSS

Reaction score
@Shine006 Hey fellow Kentuckian. My wife is an IT trainer at UK and still going in a few times a week. I'm still looking to buy and slowed my roll due to the circumstances. I now tie myself to a pc monitor from home working for Lexmark instead of driving in to Lexington together with he wife just to stare at the same monitor on site. Good luck and be safe.

TWILLIAMS9

Reaction score
I’m a paramedic. I got my 19’ this past November. This will be my third Ram since 14’. Love this truck! Feels like I’m driving a luxury vehicle that’s capable of moving tremendous loads. Couldn’t be happier! A big thank you to all who are doing their best to keep life going. Stay inside and wash your damn hands!

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Hi all (@Shine006 @ClawSS @TWILLIAMS9),

Thank you very much for taking the time to participate here! We are so grateful to hear stories such as yours @Shine006. While much well deserved respect goes to our front line medical professionals, those working to get supplies ready and distributed are just as crucial in this fight. Further, we are very thankful for all of the paramedics and EMTs out there providing immediate support such as yourself, @TWILLIAMS9! @ClawSS - I hope that you and your wife are remaining safe during these times, and I hope that you are able to resume your search as soon as possible!

Mark
RamCares

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
I guess I am lucky I work from home. 20 hour days, 7 days a week for a couple months straight calving cows just like every other year. The new truck has sat so long I put a battery tender on it last week. The wife works in health care so I guess we are both essential.

Burn'n Oil

It's a metaphor!
Reaction score
I guess I am lucky I work from home. 20 hour days, 7 days a week for a couple months straight calving cows just like every other year. The new truck has sat so long I put a battery tender on it last week. The wife works in health care so I guess we are both essential.
It'll feel a little better when that white sh_t melts. Works for me...

Users who are viewing this thread