Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Service Electronic Throttle Control

Cloudx92

Reaction score
So i just installed the BBK 90mm throttle body to pair with my throttle body spacer and my S&B Cold Air Intake System. everywhere says its a plug and play no issue run but i ran into a problem. if i let on the Gas pedal hard it will pull to around 4k RPM then shift then i get a Flash on my dash Service Electronic Throttle Control then it blips away. but when that pops up i get a flash of loss of power. Checked for vaccum leaks and everything there isnt a single issue there. Any thoughts?

Poolmonkey

Reaction score
Copied and pasted..

To reset the Dodge Ram throttle position sensor, you turn on the ignition without your foot on the brake, so the engine doesn't start. Press the accelerator on the floor for 15 seconds. Release the accelerator, then turn the car off and start the engine and drive.

Give it a try…

Cloudx92

Reaction score
appreciated! ill give it a shot. but its weird bc every thread ive seen with that code being thrown its straight up not happy and stays there. mine just blinks across the dash and as soon as i let go of the accelerator it disappears. its just anything over 4500 rpm and its tweaking out lol
but ill give it a try quick

Cloudx92

Reaction score
okay so now it changed LOL i got hit when i floored it with a Service Electronic Stability Control

Cloudx92

Reaction score
mine gets full loss of power and i need to restart the motor. like Full limp mode when it triggers.

Cloudx92

Reaction score
The Website does say for BBK that Tuning might be required with that Throttle Body. But i mean Would the dealership adjust my Fuel/Air ratio?

Cloudx92

Reaction score
Im gonna swap back to the stock throttle body i had and reset the truck and see if it clears the check engine light

Users who are viewing this thread