Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen Protector and Steering Wheel Cover

ramtuff711

Reaction score
I am new to this group so forgive me if this is answered somewhere else. I just got my new 2022 RAM 2500 HD 6.4 Hemi Crew Cab (Tradesman).

I had a few questions regarding improvements to the interior.

I would like a screen protector for the 8.4 inch 5 u-connect system but are not exactly sure which is the best option. I have seen several on amazon but they had complaints with cracking and trouble taking off. Do any of you have any links you could share or brands?

I was also looking for a steering wheel cover. Have had a hard time finding any that fit due to the 4.5 inch grip circumference at the bottom. I believe I have a 15.5 inch wheel but all that I have looked at do not have the width at the bottom to install. Looked on the Mopar website and didn't see a match for my year/model. Do I have to get a wheelskin or is there a regular wheel cover I can use?

I appreciate any advice. Thank you and I am glad to be part of the group.

Jarred

Reaction score
Welcome to the group.

There are a few options for screen protectors and a few threads/posts on it. I used the LFOTPP one from Amazon and have had no issues in the 2 years it's been on. Others used the KYKR brand from Amazon and reported success. I don't remember seeing anyone reporting that either of those brands ended up bad.
Screen Protector

I put on a regular steering wheel cover, did not need a wheelskin. I can't remember where I got it. It does lay flat though. You can order larger covers on Amazon. I think it is 15 1/2". Something like this should work but I haven't personally used this one:
Steering Wheel Cover

Last edited:

Razzman

Reaction score
I am new to this group so forgive me if this is answered somewhere else. I just got my new 2022 RAM 2500 HD 6.4 Hemi Crew Cab (Tradesman).

I had a few questions regarding improvements to the interior.

I would like a screen protector for the 8.4 inch 5 u-connect system but are not exactly sure which is the best option. I have seen several on amazon but they had complaints with cracking and trouble taking off. Do any of you have any links you could share or brands?

I was also looking for a steering wheel cover. Have had a hard time finding any that fit due to the 4.5 inch grip circumference at the bottom. I believe I have a 15.5 inch wheel but all that I have looked at do not have the width at the bottom to install. Looked on the Mopar website and didn't see a match for my year/model. Do I have to get a wheelskin or is there a regular wheel cover I can use?

I appreciate any advice. Thank you and I am glad to be part of the group.
I had the KYKR on my 2017 8.4 without any issues and it was easy to install. Realize ANY screen protector you install you will have trouble taking off, nature of the beast. Can't speak for the wheel cover as I haven't used one of those for over 20 years.

Gkockrow

Reaction score
I read something about not using a steering wheel cover with heated wheel. True or false? Thanks

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
The KYKR I put on my 12" 2 years ago is flawless.

As with most things, prep is the key. Clean, NO DUST in the cab when you do it. Humid day or wetting around the truck helps keep the dust down (here in the west).

Gkockrow

Reaction score
The KYKR I put on my 12" 2 years ago is flawless.

As with most things, prep is the key. Clean, NO DUST in the cab when you do it. Humid day or wetting around the truck helps keep the dust down (here in the west).
Are the screens that fragile that they need protection? Just good insurance I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread