Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SCR Theft?

red

Reaction score
I hear so mush about catalytic converter theft these days that I often wonder if the SCR on the 4.5 gen diesels are a target. Does anyone have any information on this?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I hear so mush about catalytic converter theft these days that I often wonder if the SCR on the 4.5 gen diesels are a target. Does anyone have any information on this?
Scr is useless and not worth much so no its not a target that i know of

BAT3500

Reaction score
They will take anything. One of our guys at work got his SCR removed parked at the DFW airport several years ago...
About 10 years ago while parked at a hotel in Houston I had someone relieve me of my stock wheel center caps on my 2500. I even had someone apparently remove the antenna mast from my 2013 while parked at a local hospital. Truck was over 4-5 years old at the time and i had never messed with or removed the antenna at the time.

thecastle

Reaction score
The value of the cats in gasoline vehicles is the scap metals. I don’t believe the scr has any scrap value. Just resale value for someone who has a failed unit, if you can remove it without damaging it. The doc might have value.

John Jensen

Reaction score
My friend had some of what he called diesel catalytic converters, I believe they are DOCs, not sure. He took them to a catalytic buyer/dealer who didn't want them. Said they had no value, only for scrap.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
My friend had some of what he called diesel catalytic converters, I believe they are DOCs, not sure. He took them to a catalytic buyer/dealer who didn't want them. Said they had no value, only for scrap.
DOC is different than the older pre DPF diesel Catalytic converters they are worthless

Users who are viewing this thread