Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scan tool with forced regen for 2023 Ram 2500 Cummins

Hudd

Reaction score
I've been having some trouble with this. Tried the Thinkdiag 2 that got pretty far towards talking to the truck. Obtained the SGW (security gateway module) code and it recognises the VIN but can't see anything to choses from except a Durango. Tech support says 2017 and newer dont like IPhone app. Tried the Ancel Trucker HD120. It recognized the VIN but nothing beyond that They're customer service is non existent. Could anyone tell me what works on they're new truck and what I'm missing here. Brand, adaptor, model ??? Thanks.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Just get JScan, decent OBDII reader and proper SGW bypass cable.

Recommended Parts list here: Just substitute JScan for AlfaOBD.

Hudd

Reaction score
I'll check it out. Thanks. Im set on finding a scan tool that can force a regen.

jake2544

Reaction score
Don’t think anyone has had any luck with being able to force a regen on a 22 or 23 yet with Alfa but I could be wrong.

jake2544

Reaction score
Have read other threads where others have tried without success. Would like to hear from others that can confirm.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Have read other threads where others have tried without success. Would like to hear from others that can confirm.

Interesting, I haven't noticed that.

I have done a stationary regen on my '22 with JScan, so I don't know why AlfaOBD wouldn't work.

Users who are viewing this thread