Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

S&b intake on 22 6.7 warranty void?

Combra6589

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the s&b intakes void factory warranty? Looking to buy one soon . Have a 22 6.7. Salesman /service couldn’t give me a straight answer.Thanks!

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you planning to make 600+ HP?

I've heard they fixed it, but the early adopters were throwing codes and the only remedy was to put the factory airbox back on. The factory box is going to flow more (clean) air than you need unless you're just looking for reusable filters.

Combra6589

Reaction score
Are you planning to make 600+ HP?

I've heard they fixed it, but the early adopters were throwing codes and the only remedy was to put the factory airbox back on. The factory box is going to flow more (clean) air than you need unless you're just looking for reusable filters.
I was looking to use a cleanable filter and to hear more turbo

Truckman

Reaction score
Stock is as good if not better and good for a lot more horsepower than it makes stock. Why take a chance for nothing?

jayh231

Reaction score
I installed mine about a month ago. No issues yet but plenty of turbo and a deeper exhaust brake sound, fuel mileage went down the first two weeks due to wanting to hear that turbo but went back up after the newness wore off. My truck was in the shop due to the CP4 issue and the service techs actually complemented me on how good it looks in the engine bay

Plum Cra Zy

Reaction score
They won't warranty the dusted turbo when it happens though.
Somewhere is a link to how bad those type filters actually are!
However, it's your money, blow it however you want! :eek:

Lary0071

Reaction score
They won't warranty the dusted turbo when it happens though.
Somewhere is a link to how bad those type filters actually are!
However, it's your money, blow it however you want! :eek:

Yep. If you dust a turbo they will easily void the warranty.
And Jeep/Ram/Dodge is known for voiding the warranty as a complete contract for anything aftermarket.
I've read stories where guys had to hire lawyers to fight to get a partial warranty reinstatement.
As you deviate from the OEM design, you take away your rights to the warranty contract.
MM Act does protect you for when using OEM copies, filters, suspension parts, steering parts and more.
But go to a "performance upgrade" type of part that deviates the form/fit/function of the part or system and you start to quickly remove your footing from being able to maintain that warranty contract.

SColang22

Reaction score
Yep. If you dust a turbo they will easily void the warranty.
And Jeep/Ram/Dodge is known for voiding the warranty as a complete contract for anything aftermarket.
I've read stories where guys had to hire lawyers to fight to get a partial warranty reinstatement.
As you deviate from the OEM design, you take away your rights to the warranty contract.
MM Act does protect you for when using OEM copies, filters, suspension parts, steering parts and more.
But go to a "performance upgrade" type of part that deviates the form/fit/function of the part or system and you start to quickly remove your footing from being able to maintain that warranty contract.
Those are real old stories if your hearing them. Laws now state it’s on the dealer to prove that the after market part voids the warranty and even then it can only void the warranty on the part it directly affects.

Lary0071

Reaction score
Those are real old stories if your hearing them. Laws now state it’s on the dealer to prove that the after market part voids the warranty and even then it can only void the warranty on the part it directly affects.
They were recent, within the last 8 years or so.

Here is how it really works. The dealer has nothing to do with this, it is the manufacturer who owns and voids the warranty.
So you put a widget on your vehicle and later have some issue, the manufacturer sends a regional roving field service engineer to the dealer ad he/she sees the changes. This engineer reports this to the warranty owner and voids the warranty.
Your mad, so you make calls and write emails that get you nothing. You quote MM and think you got them.
You learn that to actually win and reverse this, you'll need to hire an attorney and go to bat.
You may win back part of, none of or all of your warranty. But during this battle you do not have the warranty and your junk is broken.
It is not some simple process like some of you like to pretend.
And you can really tell who knows little about this when you see reference to the dealer being the controlling entity of the warranty.
A dealer is a paid contractor for the owner of the warranty, nothing more.
On a small scale, the dealer can "be cool" and protect you. But for sure once a $$ threshold is met, there will be a hold placed on that repair until the regional field service rep shows up (he represents the warranty owner, not the dealer) to examine and accept or deny the warranty claim.
Dealers can perform good-faith out of pocket warranty like repairs as well, most have an annual budget set aside for just this use case. But this is not a bottomless bowl of self funded money and dealers are pretty tight on applying these funds.

SColang22

Reaction score
They were recent, within the last 8 years or so.

Here is how it really works. The dealer has nothing to do with this, it is the manufacturer who owns and voids the warranty.
So you put a widget on your vehicle and later have some issue, the manufacturer sends a regional roving field service engineer to the dealer ad he/she sees the changes. This engineer reports this to the warranty owner and voids the warranty.
Your mad, so you make calls and write emails that get you nothing. You quote MM and think you got them.
You learn that to actually win and reverse this, you'll need to hire an attorney and go to bat.
You may win back part of, none of or all of your warranty. But during this battle you do not have the warranty and your junk is broken.
It is not some simple process like some of you like to pretend.
And you can really tell who knows little about this when you see reference to the dealer being the controlling entity of the warranty.
A dealer is a paid contractor for the owner of the warranty, nothing more.
On a small scale, the dealer can "be cool" and protect you. But for sure once a $$ threshold is met, there will be a hold placed on that repair until the regional field service rep shows up (he represents the warranty owner, not the dealer) to examine and accept or deny the warranty claim.
Dealers can perform good-faith out of pocket warranty like repairs as well, most have an annual budget set aside for just this use case. But this is not a bottomless bowl of self funded money and dealers are pretty tight on applying these funds.
They still don’t void your full warranty. Only directly affected components. I never said dealer controls your warranty but as a consumer you will only be working with the dealer. If you call FCA they will direct you to the dealer and your dealer is your rep. They literally won’t void your entire warranty. I just sold my tuned 2020 Ram 1500. New PCM and everything. Put the old PCM back in. Told the dealer I tuned it. They checked with FCA. Only warranty that was voided was powertrain and even then it was just engine and transmission. Still had warranty on exhaust, suspension and all electronics.

Plum Cra Zy

Reaction score
I'll bet the new owners were trilled that the used 2020 Ram 1500 that they just
bought doesn't an engine-trans warranty!

Users who are viewing this thread