Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

S&b 52 gal tank 2022 ram

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score
I will be towing a 32’ GN most of the time, so the upgrade to 50 gallons was a definite “must have”.

I wanted to increase the longevity of the fuel pump and injectors, so the FASS was another “must”.

My understanding is the the OEM tank would have to be dropped to install the FASS system, so it made sense to my to knock out both installs at the same time.

Your in the Phoenix area, correct? Can you point me towards your installer?

Curious about the FASS system this is the first I’ve heard of it. New to diesel. This is my first one.

Lift89

Reaction score

Curious about the FASS system this is the first I’ve heard of it. New to diesel. This is my first one.

My friend, you need to go down the rabbit hole of this thing we call diesel. You will learn a lot very fast. Take some time to do some digging on your rig and you’ll learn more than you care to know in a short amount of time :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shadowboxin20

Reaction score
Great another thing to buy. First time hearing of FASS as well. Has Diesel trucks my whole adult life. First two could only afford to keep them alive. This one has me spending dumb money

Shadowboxin20

Reaction score
Is it a filter system also? Does it replace either front or back on the truck?

Lab_Rat

Reaction score

Wish I could help you on that one, but I’m in the SATX area.

The FASS system is definitely a quality kit, and is great piece of mind for keeping the fuel pump and injectors running healthy.

And for an additional boost in fuel quality, add a shot of Hotshot’s EDT (Everyday Diesel Treatment) at every fill up.

Lab_Rat

Reaction score
Great another thing to buy. First time hearing of FASS as well. Has Diesel trucks my whole adult life. First two could only afford to keep them alive. This one has me spending dumb money
In my opinion, the FASS system is a necessary upgrade. For greater details, testimonials, and demonstrations, here are the links to their webpage and YouTube channel:

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score
Wish I could help you on that one, but I’m in the SATX area.

The FASS system is definitely a quality kit, and is great piece of mind for keeping the fuel pump and injectors running healthy.

And for an additional boost in fuel quality, add a shot of Hotshot’s EDT (Everyday Diesel Treatment) at every fill up.

Doing all of the above.

I want the bigger tank for towing, but also cause cheapest diesel is Sam’s and Costco, neither of which are close. Bigger tank less trips.

What’s the FASS system gonna set me back.

And for reference what did it cost to have the tank and FASS installed?

Shadowboxin20

Reaction score
Looks like black market performance has the same thing as the FASS. Anybody tried it?

Lab_Rat

Reaction score
Doing all of the above.

I want the bigger tank for towing, but also cause cheapest diesel is Sam’s and Costco, neither of which are close. Bigger tank less trips.

What’s the FASS system gonna set me back.

And for reference what did it cost to have the tank and FASS installed?
If memory serves me, I think the 165GPH kit retails for ~$740 and the tank retails for ~$1250.

Install will vary according to shop (labor hours x rate), but I’d estimate labor would be around $1k.

Not cheap. But the onboard fuel will be continually polished, which will lead to near zero concerns of experiencing the usual horror stories with the injectors or the fuel pump…and an added bonus - no worries about poor fuel quality when I fill up at an unfamiliar fuel point.

Last edited:

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score
If memory serves me, I think the 165GPH kit was ~$739. Install will vary according to shop (labor hours x rate), but parts and labor should be around $1k.

Yeah. It’s a bit pricey, I know.

But with the onboard fuel being continually polished, there will be near zero concerns of experiencing the usual horror stories with the injectors or the fuel pump…and none of the usual worries about poor fuel quality when I fill up at an unfamiliar fuel point.

How much was the fuel tank install? Or was that part of the $1000?

Lab_Rat

Reaction score
Looks like black market performance has the same thing as the FASS. Anybody tried it?
I’m not familiar with their system, but a few things I would compare between the two companies would be service/support, warranty and overall quality of kit.

FASS is made in America, and that was a big selling point with me.

Lab_Rat

Reaction score
Ram out of time but factory is out now. Tonight will install.

264c9dbc6e961bba3abe7315f5b30697.jpg

12d73689da4b9d0a930d7c62b2d324a5.jpg

f191ac96241bfa191b1f84a0daff02f4.jpg

How’s the install going?

Pizziola29

Reaction score
How’s the install going?

Done! Super simple.

So I did not do the reprogram yet as I wanted to see if he was ok with seeing the tank full and when it starts going down that it’s accurate at that point. Since the float cannot read the total amount of fuel in new tank it never will be fully accurate. I’ll report once I go through a few tanks.

It does not hang down as much as I thought it was.

6e95aa57ba29445a9cd01958f7b73d68.jpg

f2a3a01f33e6de77098fa22ca2fc9a90.jpg

e65a8f3184233e7cd3f1d922f0fcb837.jpg

Lab_Rat

Reaction score
Done! Super simple.

So I did not do the reprogram yet as I wanted to see if he was ok with seeing the tank full and when it starts going down that it’s accurate at that point. Since the float cannot read the total amount of fuel in new tank it never will be fully accurate. I’ll report once I go through a few tanks.

Looks great! I had the same thought about getting a “feel” for the accuracy/inaccuracy of the fuel gauge before reprogram it.

Side note:
I wonder how difficult it would be to find a float switch (already in production for another product) that has the proper length/dimension? Just a guess, but I bet there is one out there…maybe when I have spare time I’ll start digging around.

Pizziola29

Reaction score
Looks great! I had the same thought about getting a “feel” for the accuracy/inaccuracy of the fuel gauge before reprogram it.

Side note:
I wonder how difficult it would be to find a float switch (already in production for another product) that has the proper length/dimension? Just a guess, but I bet there is one out there…maybe when I have spare time I’ll start digging around.

That ultimately would be great.. I’ll start doing some digging as well we can compare notes.

Drumminguy81

Reaction score
Finally got mine installed this afternoon.. opted to install myself, with the oem lift pump. Took me about 3 hours start to finish. Kinda a pain but glad I saved the $400 I was quoted by a shop for install. Would have helped to have a lift and a second set of hands, my back is gonna remind me tomorrow that I'm not as young as I used to be. Haven't had a chance to fill it up yet. But looking forward to hitting the road.. probably gonna play with alpha obd to adjust my dte in the next few weeks..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Drumminguy81

Reaction score
Got my tank filled up.. that was painful. Programmed the dte with alpha obd and it jumped up to 800 miles to empty.. haven't driven enough to know how accurate it is but time will tell. So far I'm happy though.
c9de19eaa9310be424ac3f7c3575c2d1.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Desertfox73

Reaction score
Done! Super simple.

Good to see this on a PXL. I’ve been considering doing the same on mine.

Pizziola29

Reaction score
Good to see this on a PXL. I’ve been considering doing the same on mine.

Going on a few weeks now and so nice. Now I don’t worry about my Offroad excursions with 50 gallons in the tank and do not need to bring rotopax.

Users who are viewing this thread