Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Running wires through firewall 2022

waveslayer

Reaction score
I'm attempting to install a front camera on my 2022 Ram2500. Where are you guys running the wires through the firewall? I looked everywhere in the engine bay and couldn't see where to start running the RCA cable.

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
I ran the wires for my AMP steps thur the block off plate near the brake booster. I drilled a hole, ran the wires, then siciloned around them to seal it up.

Jmonty

Reaction score
1656431404054.png

Followed some posts about using the existing hole in the firewall that the clutch would go in if equipped, super easy.

(not my pic, but thats the hole from within the cab)

2019_Ram

Reaction score
My truck had a factory nipple that could be cut off and wires run through it. It was on the driver's side firewall, right under the factory wiring harness running into the cab. Just to the right of the aux fuse box.

waveslayer

Reaction score
So the Dystar boot showed up to day. It's a pain to get to that plate because of the Aux switches, working on starving my left arm to fit in there

jadmt

Reaction score
So the Dystar boot showed up to day. It's a pain to get to that plate because of the Aux switches, working on starving my left arm to fit in there

What camera set up are using?

Ickabod

Reaction score

wait...You have aux switches? Why don't you use the existing aux wires that run from the cab to the engine bay?

Jmonty

Reaction score
He's running the RCA cables through the firewall.

I have upfitter/aux switches also but choose to run wires through firewall for the AMP override switch vs using up those wires for future needs.

waveslayer

Reaction score
wait...You have aux switches? Why don't you use the existing aux wires that run from the cab to the engine bay?
I can, but still need to run the RCA cable to get a picture on my 12" screen. I did the install last night and it turned out perfect. Took some time but finally made it happen

Users who are viewing this thread