Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rough Country leveling kit possible issue?

burtonfamily101

Reaction score
OP, that looks like a spring isolator issue to me. I’d recommend dropping the front suspension again and verifying the springs are rotated correctly in the isolater . If they aren’t plan on replacing the isolators.
Do a google search on Ram 2500 isolators and you’ll see this happens frequently, even with the expensive springs.
The spring itself is in the isolater just fine. At least it is pushed up to the flat part with the spring, if that makes sense. I can try and get a pick soon, But I like the idea of dropping it and making sure the spring/isolater is good.

Far as the alignment goes, I can see the caster but still in the middle. The picutre is of the passanger side, would anyone know what way the airrow needs to go before I start messing with it next weekend? I assume forward to the back of the truck.
Sounds like I need to loose the other two bolts and adjust that one, does that sound right?
pass.PNG

Last edited:

Enve46

Reaction score
What does Rough Country call for? For reference, my leveling kit I posted above my cam bolts are exactly like yours, straight up and down and my alignment specs came out to almost exactly where Thuren would want my truck to be with the Hemi. Diesel they like to see slightly different caster numbers

burtonfamily101

Reaction score
After finally getting some time to try adjusting. First thing I did was adjust isolator locaton, Looks much better. I did adjust the caster pretty far back, Not maxed but the one before that. The RC guide had messents for a shop. I can feel the alignement off some, I will try to narrow it down. Or just bring it to the shop with RC requirments. Pulls to the right a tad, so i'll probably move the right side closer in? or would that be backwords.

Anyway here is the final product. Still looks better than before.
1712979442300.png

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
I did adjust the caster pretty far back, Not maxed but the one before that. The RC guide had messents for a shop. I can feel the alignement off some, I will try to narrow it down. Or just bring it to the shop with RC requirments. Pulls to the right a tad, so i'll probably move the right side closer in? or would that be backwords.
You don’t want cross caster, they should be adjusted the same. Do you know what your caster angle is or are you just blinding adjusting it?

burtonfamily101

Reaction score
You don’t want cross caster, they should be adjusted the same. Do you know what your caster angle is or are you just blinding adjusting it?
I have a caster mesurent tool but realized that my driveway itself isnt 100% level so I dont know how acurate it is. So I just kind winged it, I know not best idea. I just moved them both back the exact same amount. Now that everything seems better with the spring an isolater. I will have a shop do it again with the correct RC specs. Probably next week.

Thanks for all your help everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread