Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roof Rack - Need help……..

TogaLock77

Reaction score
Sorry, didn’t see this question. The light bar is Diode Dynamics out of STL.

Arcazul

Reaction score
Same exact cab. Nobody will sell their 4th gen rack for the 4.5s because of the shark fin. It is in the way no matter what you do. Won’t work with any rack at all let alone the low profile ones. I almost got it to work with the prinsu but light bar won’t work so now I gotta completely relocate it.
From the pictures you shared, looks like you were able to fit the Prinsu on your 4.5 Gen. You mentioned in this post that you needed to "completely relocate it". Did you mean the light bar or the rack? Thanks.

Shadowboxin20

Reaction score
From the pictures you shared, looks like you were able to fit the Prinsu on your 4.5 Gen. You mentioned in this post that you needed to "completely relocate it". Did you mean the light bar or the rack? Thanks.

Light bar and rack won’t work with where the shark fin is. I had to move it back approximately 8” or so to get the rack in the spot I want. Used the old hole for the light bar wires. You can see it in the second picture.

Rack looks awesome imo and am very happy with it. It does make some noise though. The grooves in every bar have to be filled with something. I am going to try plastic screen edging. I tried wrapping it in paracord as you can see but I’m sure I can get it down more.

3F3A71CD-342D-4913-A4F9-9EFE294F1FE4.jpeg6CE44046-AC48-484F-BF47-952289EF5315.jpeg4DA58976-FEDD-47AE-B2AC-67FA56FC12C6.jpeg

Arcazul

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the detailed photos of the sharkfin relocation. Btw, on reducing noise topic, I've been experimenting with track weather stripping such as.
Much appreciate you taking the time to share.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-08-08 at 8.27.00 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-08 at 8.27.00 AM.png
    151.9 KB · Views: 6

Shadowboxin20

Reaction score
Yea that’s what came with my Yakima bar but have not been able to find any that look like that. Where is it from?

Last edited:

Arcazul

Reaction score
Yea that’s what came with my Yakima bar but have not been able to find any that look like that. Where is it from?
Search for channel weather stripping on AMZ. Btw, was wondering if you considered notching the front of the rack vs. moving the shark-fin? welcome your thoughts. thanks

Shadowboxin20

Reaction score
I tried notching the support bar behind the front plate on the rack but it still wasn’t far enough back. Cost me an extra set of holes in my roof lmao. ****ing Swiss cheese up there now

Users who are viewing this thread