Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rocker Trim

rmurphy

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you get get the black trim like on the bed to go all the way up the rocker panels. Mt tradesman stop at the cab and it woulf be nice to have the same trim to run all the way to the front wheels

6.jpg

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
I put bushwackers on my laramie, part# 14064. I really regretted not doing it on my last truck since the rockers got beat to hell with rock chips running around on gravel roads. People around my in-town house were looking at me funny installing them asking why I would ever need such a thing, my old man out at the property 30 minutes away immediately wanted to know how to get some for his truck. I've already noticed some areas around the pinch weld where they've taken the gravel hit for me so worth the money in my eyes 100%.

IMG_1535.JPEG

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Nothing from the factory. I've been looking for some time.
Only decent ones I've seen are the bushwackers, but they go higher than the factory bed ones

rmurphy

Reaction score
I put bushwackers on my laramie, part# 14064. I really regretted not doing it on my last truck since the rockers got beat to hell with rock chips running around on gravel roads. People around my in-town house were looking at me funny installing them asking why I would ever need such a thing, my old man out at the property 30 minutes away immediately wanted to know how to get some for his truck. I've already noticed some areas around the pinch weld where they've taken the gravel hit for me so worth the money in my eyes 100%.

Nothing from the factory. I've been looking for some time.
Only decent ones I've seen are the bushwackers, but they go higher than the factory bed ones

yeah from what i've found the bushwackers are the only ones out there. i'd really like the factory look but will probably settle for the bushwackers in time

jadmt

Reaction score
find a set of take off 75A sliders. they match up pretty well and give you a step and prevent parking lot door dings.
4F1FFF36-DA04-45C2-980B-2981D62E14F4_1_201_a.jpeg

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
find a set of take off 75A sliders. they match up pretty well and give you a step and prevent parking lot door dings.

I was very tempted, but seeing that they only mounted to the pinch/rocker like the factory steps, the step surface was just too small for my liking not being a real slider (14EE in most boots/14EEEE in most work boots). Having the RB20's has been great for getting kids in/out of car seats and they look close enough. I imagine after I decide on lift/tires I'll have to add the 4" drop hoops for my wife as well. For those just looking for the protection aspect, however, the 75A sliders do look like a great option!

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
They mount to the body, not just the pinch weld. But like you say, not much of a step.
And you cant add AMP power steps as they mount in the same holes. Beleive me, I tried looking at it every way I could to mount both. Just wouldnt work

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
They mount to the body, not just the pinch weld. But like you say, not much of a step.
And you cant add AMP power steps as they mount in the same holes. Beleive me, I tried looking at it every way I could to mount both. Just wouldnt work
That's what I meant there. Half of me misses my amp steps from the last Ram, but the other half doesn't miss the random ways that small bits of gravel would find a way to catch them up. I was always fiddling with getting pieces of gravel out of somewhere, never actually had the steps fail, but it was getting old even with huge rokblokz flaps on the truck. After seeing how well a buddy's factory raptor steps protected his rockers from all the gravel road rash, I knew my next truck was going to have both the bushwackers and a similar style runningboard.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
This is my 3rd truck with the AMP steps.
'04 Chevy, '01 F250 and the PW.
Never had an issue with any of them and they have been in sand dunes and gravel.

Users who are viewing this thread